Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with decimal places in Sort Order field

Would suggest reverting the admin/includes/modules/update_product.php file back to what it was before trying to make these changes which may involve also restoring admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php and/or admin/includes/modules/product/preview_info.php.

The data stored into the database is affected by files such as these during the storage process. May want to also access the database more directly via phpMyAdmin and review products table record information to see what the sort orders are. The field type could have been left at least temporarily as a decimal considering the software was still storing as an integer. But if there were edits made causing the continuous storage of 656.00 that was a difference occurring that should have had nothing to do with changing from an integer to a decimal number... of course there is little detail about what was really done, so hard to explain what needs to be undone. The multiplication sql only needed to be run one time to address all product in the database.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Would suggest reverting the admin/includes/modules/update_product.php file back to what it was before trying to make these changes which may involve also restoring admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php and/or admin/includes/modules/product/preview_info.php.

The data stored into the database is affected by files such as these during the storage process. May want to also access the database more directly via phpMyAdmin and review products table record information to see what the sort orders are. The field type could have been left at least temporarily as a decimal considering the software was still storing as an integer. But if there were edits made causing the continuous storage of 656.00 that was a difference occurring that should have had nothing to do with changing from an integer to a decimal number... of course there is little detail about what was really done, so hard to explain what needs to be undone. The multiplication sql only needed to be run one time to address all product in the database.
    I've come to the same conclusion so taking it forward I am going to create a new copy of v151 in a separate folder so that it is a clean system then copy over the admin config file adjusting to where the new console sits and use the base system to test that we can write the correct value to the database. If that goes well then I can reset the original admin files only making the required layout adjustments.

Thanks again for all your advice - will let you know how it all goes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OwenB View Post
    I've come to the same conclusion so taking it forward I am going to create a new copy of v151 in a separate folder so that it is a clean system then copy over the admin config file adjusting to where the new console sits and use the base system to test that we can write the correct value to the database. If that goes well then I can reset the original admin files only making the required layout adjustments.

Thanks again for all your advice - will let you know how it all goes
    No idea what I have done other than reinstall collect_info.php but whole numbers 100,200 etc appear as 1,2 in the library and 50, 75 appear as 0.5 and 0.75!!!!
    #
    Thanks guys for your time and patience

Plugin Contributions

sounds like you should:
    a) Make a backup.
    b) multiply these numbers * 100
    c) convert the field back to an integer.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12