Plugin Contributions

Default Updated Authorize.net SIM, now orders won't complete.

https://www.wlpcomics.com/shop/

Install: zenCart 1.5.1e

PHP 5.4.0

No plugins to speak of

I was getting the standard problem of cards being processed but orders not completing in the cart from using the old Authorize.net SIM module. Today I installed the new module and configured it (at least, I think it's configured properly). However, when I run test transactions, they hang up on "Step 3 of 3", not completing load of main page and not loading right column of layout at all. The last thing that loads is the order total. The window does not pop up to allow credit card information to be taken on Authorize.net's website. (I tried flipping over to "collect card info here", but that didn't process either.)

My host (HostGator) only offers 1.5.1 for fresh installs and doesn't do upgrades, so if the new Authorize.net module is incompatible with anything below 1.5.5 I'm kind of stuck...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Updated Authorize.net SIM, now orders won't complete.

Haven't been to Livingston in years. Nice country.

You're almost in the catch 22 that happens with a host that's not concerned with currency. If you are in e-commerce, it's imperative that you keep certain things current.

There are many security changes that have taken place since 1.5.1 and it had to be modified for it to run on PHP 5.4

Installers provided by hosts are generally NOT recommended.

Your main problem at this point is how to get a newer version of PHP available for upgrade.

https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading tells you how to upgrade BUT, you will need to be able to develop the new site in a folder that is running a minimum of PHP 5.6. Please note that PHP 7.1 is the lowest currently supported. And, 7.1 will not be supported in a little over a month.

It would be best that you contact your host and see if they can setup a /test folder with PHP 7.1. If they can, download the new 1.5.6c and extract the files into the /test folder and follow the directions.

The new system will do a lot better job of setting things up for you than the older version. And, the forum will be here to help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Updated Authorize.net SIM, now orders won't complete.

Finally got time to try an upgrade to 1.5.5 and resetting my web host PHP to 7.1 (the most recent version my hosting company supports).

The Authorize.net SIM that comes with 1.5.5 still has the old problem- card is processed, but order does not complete in ZenCart.

Replacing it with the SIM module from here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ption-Jan-2019

... breaks Zencart so that page 3 of 3 never gets to the "Complete Order" button, failing to load or display anything beyond the order total. It never gets to the point where credit card info is taken.

HELP.