Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    23
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Two file changes needed to provide the required variable clean-up for the multi-use formatting scripts:

    1. /includes/modules/news_box_format. Change line 80 to read
    Code:
    unset($news_info, $news_and_clause, $max_news_items);
    2. /includes/sideboxes/news_box_sidebox.php. Change line 83 to read
    Code:
    unset($news_sidebox_num, $news_and_clause, $max_news_items);
    Thanks! Made the unset changes, however the issue persists. Screenshots:

    VIEWALL-GridTitleDateDesc_doesnt_show_desc: https://rosestarstudio.com/VIEWALL-G..._show_desc.png
    ARTICLE-GridTitleDateDesc_duplicate_desc: https://rosestarstudio.com/ARTICLE-G...icate_desc.png
    VIEWALL-GridTitleDate_ok: https://rosestarstudio.com/VIEWALL-GridTitleDate_ok.png
    ARTICLE-GridTitleDate_shows-duplicate-desc: https://rosestarstudio.com/ARTICLE-G...icate-desc.png

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseStar View Post
    Thanks! Made the unset changes, however the issue persists. Screenshots:

    VIEWALL-GridTitleDateDesc_doesnt_show_desc: https://rosestarstudio.com/VIEWALL-G..._show_desc.png
    ARTICLE-GridTitleDateDesc_duplicate_desc: https://rosestarstudio.com/ARTICLE-G...icate_desc.png
    VIEWALL-GridTitleDate_ok: https://rosestarstudio.com/VIEWALL-GridTitleDate_ok.png
    ARTICLE-GridTitleDate_shows-duplicate-desc: https://rosestarstudio.com/ARTICLE-G...icate-desc.png
    For the missing descriptions, edit /includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_news_box_sidebox.php, line 35, correcting the variable name:
    Code:
            $news_sidebox_content = zen_trunc_string($news_sidebox_content);

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Note, too, that I'm unable to replicate the duplicate descriptions' issue.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    23
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Note, too, that I'm unable to replicate the duplicate descriptions' issue.
    That fixed it! Thank you for your time!

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    23
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    For the missing descriptions, edit /includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_news_box_sidebox.php, line 35, correcting the variable name:
    Code:
            $news_sidebox_content = zen_trunc_string($news_sidebox_content);
    That fixed it! Thank you for your time!

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseStar View Post
    That fixed it! Thank you for your time!
    @RoseStar, thanks for your patience and applying those corrections. I'll get an update for News Box Manager v3 going.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @RoseStar, thanks for your patience and applying those corrections. I'll get an update for News Box Manager v3 going.
    ... and I've just submitted v3.1.1 of News Box Manager - v3 for the Zen Cart moderators' review. I'll post back here when it's available for download.

    This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

    #25: Clean up multi-use variables, previous settings being applied to follow-on renderings.
    #26: Correct MySQL error when home centerbox display uses Categories setting (for strict MySQL installations).
    #27: Correcting 'no description included' when a sidebox uses GridTitleDateDesc layout.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    181
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Working with 1.5.7c, is it possible to have more than 4 newsboxes? Ideally, I'd like 8 as I have 8 topics I talk about in my newsletters I publish, and this is the online catalog for each section.

    Thanks :-)
    Elemi

    The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    Working with 1.5.7c, is it possible to have more than 4 newsboxes? Ideally, I'd like 8 as I have 8 topics I talk about in my newsletters I publish, and this is the online catalog for each section.

    Thanks :-)
    That looks do-able; I'll get some documentation together to describe how to expand the number of different types of news. That will only affect the news categories, not the number of sideboxes supported.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    181
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That looks do-able; I'll get some documentation together to describe how to expand the number of different types of news. That will only affect the news categories, not the number of sideboxes supported.
    thank you, I only use 1 sidebox so this solution will work for me :-)
    Elemi

    The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

 

 
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Link Manager 3.0 Support Thread
    By clydejones in forum Addon Sideboxes
    Replies: 1987
    Last Post: 6 Aug 2021, 02:56 PM
  2. Testimonial Manager Support Thread
    By clydejones in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1500
    Last Post: 4 Feb 2021, 04:12 PM
  3. v154 News Box Manager v2.0.0 [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 19 Jan 2021, 04:17 PM
  4. v151 Log Manager [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8 Aug 2017, 12:26 AM
  5. Poll Manager Support Thread
    By boudewijn in forum Addon Sideboxes
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 27 Jan 2016, 09:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR