Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 122
  1. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    thank you, I only use 1 sidebox so this solution will work for me :-)
    Documentation now available: https://github.com/lat9/news_box_man...wsbox_types.md

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    181
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Thank you - Perfect! :-)
    Elemi

    The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    West Salem, IL
    Posts
    2,660
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    seems there is a mistake in the docs, you forgot to adjust the defines after you copied and pasted
    Code:
    Add the names of the additional types (5 through 8):
    
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE1', 'Type1');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE2', 'Type2');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE3', 'Type3');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE4', 'Type4');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE1', 'Type5');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE2', 'Type6');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE3', 'Type7');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE4', 'Type8');
    Last edited by barco57; 5 Sep 2021 at 10:43 PM.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    seems there is a mistake in the docs, you forgot to adjust the defines after you copied and pasted
    Code:
    Add the names of the additional types (5 through 8):
    
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE1', 'Type1');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE2', 'Type2');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE3', 'Type3');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE4', 'Type4');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE1', 'Type5');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE2', 'Type6');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE3', 'Type7');
        define('BOX_NEWS_NAME_TYPE4', 'Type8');
    Thanks for the report; all better now.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    181
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Cindy, this is great, however is there any way to create an index for the articles?, and how do I get them to come up in a search?
    Or a list of the different sections in my footer? www.AmorAromatherapy.com

    Thanks
    Tania :-)
    Elemi

    The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    Cindy, this is great, however is there any way to create an index for the articles?, and how do I get them to come up in a search?
    Or a list of the different sections in my footer? www.AmorAromatherapy.com

    Thanks
    Tania :-)
    Tania, you'll use index.php?main_page=all_articles&t=1 to view all articles of Type1.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    181
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Tania, you'll use index.php?main_page=all_articles&t=1 to view all articles of Type1.
    Thanks Cindy.... ummm, where am I putting that exactly...? Developer Tool Kit didn't find a resemblance of this at all...
    Elemi

    The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,732
    Plugin Contributions
    79

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    Thanks Cindy.... ummm, where am I putting that exactly...? Developer Tool Kit didn't find a resemblance of this at all...
    You'd edit your site's footer, creating an anchor tag similar to
    Code:
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_ARTICLES, 't=1'); ?>">Articles for Type1</a>

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Richarson
    Posts
    43
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    I have a couple of questions.. I am using 1.5.7 v3.1.1.
    I am trying to change the wording at the top of the "All Articles" page. The heading currently says: "ALL TYPE4 ARTICLES". Can you please tell me how I can change this? The url is:https://coolintentions.com/index.php...l_articles&t=4.

    Also, for some reason the articles use to display at the bottom of the home page and when I upgraded to the more recent version of this module, it no longer will display. Any help would be awesome. Thank you.

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Richarson
    Posts
    43
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrey View Post
    I have a couple of questions.. I am using 1.5.7 v3.1.1.
    I am trying to change the wording at the top of the "All Articles" page. The heading currently says: "ALL TYPE4 ARTICLES". Can you please tell me how I can change this? The url is:https://coolintentions.com/index.php...l_articles&t=4.

    Also, for some reason the articles use to display at the bottom of the home page and when I upgraded to the more recent version of this module, it no longer will display. Any help would be awesome. Thank you.
    Oh, one more thing....
    Just for the record, I did copy over the following to the existing tpl_index_default.php

    <?php
    //-bof-news_box_manager-lat9 *** 1 of 1 ***
    $mnbf = $template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_news_box_format.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base, 'templates') . '/tpl_modules_news_box_format.php';
    if (file_exists($mnbf)) {
    require $mnbf;
    }
    //-eof-news_box_manager-lat9 *** 1 of 1 ***
    ?>

 

 
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Link Manager 3.0 Support Thread
    By clydejones in forum Addon Sideboxes
    Replies: 1987
    Last Post: 6 Aug 2021, 02:56 PM
  2. Testimonial Manager Support Thread
    By clydejones in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1500
    Last Post: 4 Feb 2021, 04:12 PM
  3. v154 News Box Manager v2.0.0 [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 19 Jan 2021, 04:17 PM
  4. v151 Log Manager [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8 Aug 2017, 12:26 AM
  5. Poll Manager Support Thread
    By boudewijn in forum Addon Sideboxes
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 27 Jan 2016, 09:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR