Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,921
    Plugin Contributions
    74

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    In which directory is that latestnews.png file (noting that it should be present in the template's /images sub-directory for use by the CSS)?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    In which directory is that latestnews.png file (noting that it should be present in the template's /images sub-directory for use by the CSS)?
    Hi Cindy - it is in /images folder - so I move it to my_template/images folder ........ then in includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/news_box_manager_defines.php I replaced the text 'Latest News' with <img src="includes/templates/westminster_new/images/latestnews.png" alt="latest news"> .... and all is good! So thank you.

    I am now going to try to insert a smaller image in the NEWS_BOX_HEADING_TITLE row .... wish me luck

    many thanks,
    Mike


    cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 21 Dec 2019 at 02:34 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi Cindy - it is in /images folder - so I move it to my_template/images folder ........ then in includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/news_box_manager_defines.php I replaced the text 'Latest News' with <img src="includes/templates/westminster_new/images/latestnews.png" alt="latest news"> .... and all is good! So thank you.

    I am now going to try to insert a smaller image in the NEWS_BOX_HEADING_TITLE row .... wish me luck

    many thanks,
    Mike


    cheers,
    Mike
    Hi Cindy - inserting an image in that row was easy enough (once I had the image in the right folder )

    So I do not expect you to spend time on re-styling the layout of your plugin for me - putting me in the right direction will be helpful so that I can attempt to make some modifications myself (note that I said 'attempt') - it will help me to learn. So to that end if I want to negate the 'article dates' column altogether and instead include a date block within the article title row/line what files should I be looking at to make such modifications? essentially where can I modify the table layout?

    again many thanks for your assistance,
    cheers Mike

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,921
    Plugin Contributions
    74

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Mike, the common formatting is provided by /includes/templates/template_default/template/tpl_modules_news_box_format.php, so you can make a template-override copy and make your changes there.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Mike, the common formatting is provided by /includes/templates/template_default/template/tpl_modules_news_box_format.php, so you can make a template-override copy and make your changes there.
    Many thanks for that Cindy - haven't played with it yet but will soon.

    One more quick one - side box heading for news box shows [MORE] and when using Inspect Element [MORE] is the link anchor text in <h3 class="leftBoxHeading" id="newsboxsideboxHeading"><a href="https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au/index.php?main_page=news_archive">&nbsp;&nbsp;[more]</a></h3> .... I have tried admin/tools/developer and gone through all files associated with the plugin and I cannot find where to change that anchor text (looks a bit strange as a heading in the sidebox).

    A belated Merry Christmas to you and yours and Happy New Year also- hope 2020 is a good one for you.

    cheers,
    Mike

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,921
    Plugin Contributions
    74

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Those definitions are present in /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/news_box_manager_defines.php.

    Thanks for your kind wishes, but it wasn't my holiday. Have a safe and happy new year.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Those definitions are present in /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/news_box_manager_defines.php.

    Thanks for your kind wishes, but it wasn't my holiday. Have a safe and happy new year.
    Thanks Cindy - I was remiss in not providing more detail in my previous post - any entries in BOX_HEADING_NEWS_BOX or TEXT_ALL_NEWS or TEXT_NEWS_BOX_INFO render as headings on the home page as well as altering the sidebox heading - I don't want any headings on the page however I would like to have the heading in the sidebox be something different to [MORE]. I even changed TEXT_LINK_MORE from 'More &hellip;' to 'Latest News' but that hasn't changed anything. (hence why I was trying to specifically find this in developer <h3 class="leftBoxHeading" id="newsboxsideboxHeading"><a href="https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au/index.php?main_page=news_archive">&nbsp;&nbsp;[more]</a></h3>)

    I appreciate your help with this - there is no rush on this 'minor' aesthetic adjustment - when, and only when, you get a free moment

    Below is my current /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/news_box_manager_defines.php and images showing news box on home page and then the sidebox;
    Code:
    define ('BOX_HEADING_NEWS_BOX', '');
    define ('TEXT_LINK_MORE', 'Latest News');
    define ('TEXT_TRAIL_STR', '&hellip;');
    define ('TEXT_ALL_NEWS', '');
    
    define ('NEWS_DATE_SEPARATOR', ' - ');
    
    define ('NEWS_BOX_HEADING_TITLE', '<img src="includes/templates/westminster_new/images/latestupdates.png"> ... for more news click <a href="https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au/index.php?main_page=news_archive"><i><u>View All</i></u></a>');
    define ('NEWS_BOX_HEADING_DATES', 'Article Date(s)');
    
    define ('TEXT_NEWS_BOX_INFO', '');
    Attachment 18777


    Attachment 18776

    cheers,
    Mike

    p.s. my apologies for my assumption re the holiday - no offence intended
    Last edited by shags38; 30 Dec 2019 at 11:10 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,921
    Plugin Contributions
    74

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Mike, I'll need to rethink the sidebox vs. customized centerbox configuration that you're looking for.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,921
    Plugin Contributions
    74

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    I've just submitted v3.0.2 of News Box Manager - v3 to the Zen Cart moderators for review and will post back here when it's available for download.

    This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issue:

    #11: Correct PHP warning on all_articles page.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,921
    Plugin Contributions
    74

    Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v3.0.2 of News Box Manager - v3 to the Zen Cart moderators for review and will post back here when it's available for download.

    This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issue:

    #11: Correct PHP warning on all_articles page.
    Now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2264

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v154 News Box Manager v2.0.0 [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 5 Oct 2020, 11:32 PM
  2. Link Manager 3.0 Support Thread
    By clydejones in forum Addon Sideboxes
    Replies: 1977
    Last Post: 7 May 2020, 08:17 PM
  3. v151 Log Manager [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8 Aug 2017, 12:26 AM
  4. Poll Manager Support Thread
    By boudewijn in forum Addon Sideboxes
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 27 Jan 2016, 09:53 AM
  5. Testimonial Manager Support Thread
    By clydejones in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1498
    Last Post: 13 Oct 2013, 01:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR