Plugin Contributions

help question Sales Report, Admin menu option - Change from SR with Graphs to Standard Sales Report

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]
    https://www.secretgardendesigns.shop/
    Zencart Version 1.5.6c updated from 1.5.0
    Modules, Payment, Shipping Order Total. Scripts PrivateArea, Free Gifts
    Taken over store from a friend a few weeks back, new to Zencart Admin
    HTTP Server: Apache/2PHP Version: 7.3.11 (Zend: 3.3.11
    Recent template added to store.
    Have checked over areas for answer, but so much info I could not find it.

My Sales report is currently set to Sales Report with Graphs, I would like to change it to Sales Report with the Form that allows me to Query the database. I have looked in the configurations and payment options but I cannot find anything that allows me to change it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales Report, Admin menu option - Change from SR with Graphs to Standard Sales Re

I believe you are looking for this additional module which offers the admin the options to narrow down the returned data: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9

Once installed, this will add an additional option to the reports list.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales Report, Admin menu option - Change from SR with Graphs to Standard Sales Re

TY
    I have some additional options in the report list, however, the one I need was changed when we moved server and I would like to change it back,
    but I don't know how to change it back

In my list it says "Sales Report with Graphs" the one I had before was "Sales Report" and I need it to make payments
    At the moment the options I have do not give me the form to interrogate the database.

This is the form I am looking for
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73504747_786931981759419_1072465325359890432_n (1).jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	18699

This is the options I have

Name:	sales.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	18702

This is what I want to change it to

Name:	salesReport.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	18701
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Webangel; 30 Oct 2019 at 03:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

It's not a "change to" it's add to the list. The current option is built in. The one wanted is additional software to be added/installed. It offers the "search" option. Unfortunately the last time I recall installing it, it still had a default payment selection that is/was specific to a previous developer. I always have had to change it to the non-specific option (I think it's called doesn't matter?) and have been too lazy to change the code.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not a coder, I do not know php, I have one months experience with Zencart, so i rely on others to help in that respect. Yes, I would like to add it to the list but I do not know how to do that. I can find someone who will do it for me.
    I presumed that as it was there before the update and move, it must still be in the files somewhere. Yes the store has been updated, it was not me that upgraded it and if the sales report is an "older version" then I guess I may need to get a newer version of this installed?. I do not know how to find out what version of Sales Report I have.
    Last edited by Webangel; 31 Oct 2019 at 10:08 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you it has now been installed and I now have the option I was looking for :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Webangel View Post
    I'm not a coder, I do not know php, I have one months experience with Zencart, so i rely on others to help in that respect. Yes, I would like to add it to the list but I do not know how to do that. I can find someone who will do it for me.
    I presumed that as it was there before the update and move, it must still be in the files somewhere. Yes the store has been updated, it was not me that upgraded it and if the sales report is an "older version" then I guess I may need to get a newer version of this installed?. I do not know how to find out what version of Sales Report I have.
    Not a problem, that's all what this forum is for to help those that identify the conditions and any limitations. :)

Yeah, one unfortunate aspect of someone else doing the upgrade is how much they have identified is different or the same from the previous installation. The upgraded install as identified has a variation of the sales report software. It's not exactly a "newer" nor "older" version, just different.

The version that you have become accustomed to in this short time is provided at the link I gave in post #2. For starters, the general process is to download that software, unzip it, review the instructions, ask questions about anything not understood if necessary. Then transfer the files using ftp to the server and as directed by the instructions if necessary perform the sql modifications. Lastly test that the software/options are available.

Do the above in small steps, it may seem like a lot, but take your time, do one thing at a time and do what you can to keep track of what you have done.

While the reporting module doesn't do much to the site (shouldn't really modify any files that are provided with a fresh install), the ideal way to do this type of thing is to have a working extra version of the site so that if something goes wrong, then the live store is not affected. Again, this plugin as I recall, doesn't touch any pre-existing file. That said, it could be possible that in the upgrade process, one or more files from the plugin were retained. If so, my suggestion would be to rename such file such that the extension (part following the last period) is not php. This way, the file is retained, but does not interfere with operations.

If you have any issues with any of the above consider whether the discussion should be continued in this thread or possibly a new thread. There likely are existing posts that relate to the issue and while this forum is great for communicating solutions, the search feature is limited. Recommendation is to use your favorite Internet search "tool" and include "Zen Cart" (without quotes) in your search.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Webangel View Post
    Thank you it has now been installed and I now have the option I was looking for :)
    Well, glad that it was possible without the additional post that apparently was completed after successful installation.

Hopefully by going through whatever actions you needed to perform you learned something and can continue to make your site successful at selling. If you can, remember that if something doesn't work as described or desired that the forum is here to seek help and when doing so, be sure to describe your situation including the conditions of the site, what you have done and if nothing else address the posting tips. They are a great starting point to help those trying to help you. Further, issues found with software may not get corrected if not reported, so keep it up and keep learning.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much you have been so helpful. I am gradually going through the store trying to fix issues in the store, some I have managed to do, some I have had to ask for help with. I have found my way around most of the admin, but there are still grey areas with some menus.

Whilst the sales report is now ok in admin, it is not working in the private area, and I have it ticked in the Private area Provider menu, for the manufacturers but it is not showing up there. Is there any other setting I need to do for that please.