Plugin Contributions

Default Two versions of PayPal Checkout from Cart page - each behaves differently

v1.5.5f westminster new template OPC is installed

On my cart page there is a 'checkout' tab and a checkout with PayPal' tab'.... see image - using each tab to checkout with PayPal produces a different result so I am confused as to why and my customers even moreso ..... it was only when trying to help a customer that the situation was noticed by me.

* this is a copy of a section of an email to a customer trying to assist here with checkout using PayPal - customer was logged in and was using method 2. and when PayPal returned her to the site the 'confirm' tab apparently didn't work (my tests some 8 hours later showed it was OK - likely a PayPal glitch);

So this is how my site is performing:

If I may suggest that you try again when convenient. There are a couple of ways you can checkout from the cart page.

1. click the Blue checkout button - this takes you to a page with your details on the left hand side and on the right it allows you to select to pay via entering credit card details or select the PayPal button, the latter takes you to the PayPal site where you log in and confirm payment - once confirmed (on the PayPal site) it takes you back to our website showing an order confirmation page. (no need to confirm the order on our site)

2. click the Yellow 'pay with PayPal' button - this takes you directly to the PayPal site where you confirm payment - then PayPal returns you to our website to 'confirm' the order.
    QUESTION: So if the customer is logged in, why do the two different tabs produce a different result from/with PayPal??

Should I remove the yellow 'checkout with PayPal' button (and code) - if so then what is the best way to do this?

cheers,
    Mike

Attachment 18704

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two versions of PayPal Checkout from Cart page - each behaves differently

Should I remove the yellow 'checkout with PayPal' button (and code) - if so then what is the best way to do this?
    I would say yes remove, and there is a switch in the payment module to remove the shortcut button.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two versions of PayPal Checkout from Cart page - each behaves differently

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    I would say yes remove, and there is a switch in the payment module to remove the shortcut button.
    Thanks barco57 - have deleted the button as per your suggestion - many thanks

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

That button is PayPal Express which allows people to checkout quickly even if they are not logged in to your website. That is it's entire purpose.
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.