Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11

    Default Re: Setting attributes

    Okay so i did a complete fresh install of 1.5.6
    I installed the "attrib_image_swap_module_v1_5_10" and followed all the instructions and yet
    1) I added the cables and have Black and Blue cables and assigned an image to each color
    2) The images show up under the please choose option and i don't want that.
    3) when i select a different color the main product image doesn't change to the image assigned which was the whole purpose of this exercise

    I really am lost as to how to achieve that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything !!!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,576
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Setting attributes

    Quote Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
    Okay so i did a complete fresh install of 1.5.6
    I installed the "attrib_image_swap_module_v1_5_10" and followed all the instructions and yet
    1) I added the cables and have Black and Blue cables and assigned an image to each color
    2) The images show up under the please choose option and i don't want that.
    3) when i select a different color the main product image doesn't change to the image assigned which was the whole purpose of this exercise

    I really am lost as to how to achieve that.
    When looking at the option names manager under the catalog and then going in to edit/update the color option name, what are the settings for the image(s)? As in what number value is given for them?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  3. #13

    Default Re: Setting attributes

    Under Catalog/option name manager there is no option edit/update so i have no idea what you mean by settings for the image and what number value they are given.
    When i specify an image under 'Attributes Image Swatch" I can upload an image but there is no option to attach a number value to it.
    I also have no idea what the Attribute Flags are used for.
    It would be nice if there were some clear and concise instructions on how to do this as it doesn't seem to be a straight forward process.
    If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything !!!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,576
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Setting attributes

    Quote Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
    Under Catalog/option name manager there is no option edit/update so i have no idea what you mean by settings for the image and what number value they are given.
    When i specify an image under 'Attributes Image Swatch" I can upload an image but there is no option to attach a number value to it.
    I also have no idea what the Attribute Flags are used for.
    It would be nice if there were some clear and concise instructions on how to do this as it doesn't seem to be a straight forward process.
    When I go to: admin window: catalog->Option Name Manager
    Then I navigate to whatever page has an option name I want to modify, say in the demo data provided by ZC, ID 1 is Color. To the right of that I have two buttons, Update and Delete. If I select UPDATE, there is then a window section below that has like: NOTE: Rows, display size and max Length are for text attributes Only:. Then there are six additional text boxes: Comments, Rows, Display Size, Maximum Length, Attribute Images per Row, and... Attribute style for Radio Buttons/Checkbox.

    For your expressed desire, it appears that you want the value 8 in this last box. That way, the swap would occur, but the image would not be where you see it now...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  5. #15

    Default Re: Setting attributes

    Hi
    That was great help, so i went in and entered 8 in that box , saved it and went in and indeed when i selected the black or blue it swapped the image to that color. I then went in and made the product image to be 200px height and width and now when i look at the listing it won't swap colors anymore.

    Baffled is a mild word .....
    If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything !!!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,576
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Setting attributes

    Quote Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
    Hi
    That was great help, so i went in and entered 8 in that box , saved it and went in and indeed when i selected the black or blue it swapped the image to that color. I then went in and made the product image to be 200px height and width and now when i look at the listing it won't swap colors anymore.

    Baffled is a mild word .....
    What if instead of 200px, you entered only 200?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  7. #17

    Default Re: Setting attributes

    Strangely that worked. Thanks
    If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything !!!

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. v150 Setting up Sub Attributes
    By corygatz in forum Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27 Jul 2012, 12:50 AM
  2. error setting up attributes
    By whiteracing in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28 Jan 2008, 12:42 AM
  3. Setting attributes to default.
    By justme2000 in forum Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23 Oct 2007, 08:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR