Plugin Contributions

Default Cash on Pickup Support Thread

This module allows you to offer a cash on pickup option for customers who elect the 'walk in' shipping method.
    'Cash on pickup' will not be displayed if any other shipping method is selected.

This is not a new module, but was actually created back in 2011 by Stephen Hewitson

I took over the maintenance, and version 1.2 will be uploaded to the downloads section in a few days.

The latest version can be downloaded here from the Zen Cart download section, or from gitHub

Version 1.2 changes are:

• files updated to Zen Cart 1.5.6
    • added an auto-installer, only for version control

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cash on Pickup Support Thread

is it still popular? as majority sellers based remotely and much easier to ship and get paid before despatch of goods to customers.
    - Freelance Software Developer

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cash on Pickup Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by web-project View Post
    is it still popular? as majority sellers based remotely and much easier to ship and get paid before despatch of goods to customers.
    The plugin isn't about the ease of remote money collection (which is itself one of the reasons it exists) but about the variation of making a purchase and the ability to locally collect money and having a method to do that. Not every plugin is for everyone and may only serve a small niche, but having it available makes it possible for someone to implement an already developed solution or to modify it to serve their purpose.##

For example, I know that there are times when I order a pizza at my "local" store, I don't want to provide my credit card info for one reason or another. One of them is where I know the store can apply a discount, but for some reason the online store won't take it. By placing the order to pay "cash" on pickup, the store can make adjustments on site that were not applied online... Does that make more work for the store owner? Probably. Does it complete a sale and have a happy customer, yes... Is there some sort of possible spammy purchase? Maybe. But I hope that doesn't affect the store even though they are an online retailer like anyone here...‎
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...