Plugin Contributions

Default IPN error logs from Paypal even when ZC Paypal module is not active

Hi,
    ZC 1.5.6c, PHP 7.3.10, standard responsive classic template (more info if needed, away from server at the moment).

I got a ton of IPN error messages this morning after someone paid me on Paypal, unrelated to Zen Cart (as I discovered after the fact).
    Looking around, I found that this is owing to the debug setting in the Paypal express checkout module:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....IPN-error-logs
    All well and good, I accept that solution of course.
    However, one question:

My Paypal module is not active. So is it a feature of the Paypal integration that debug remains active even when the module is not active? Or is there some setting in my Paypal account I might need to look into?
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IPN error logs from Paypal even when ZC Paypal module is not active

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    Hi,
    ZC 1.5.6c, PHP 7.3.10, standard responsive classic template (more info if needed, away from server at the moment).

I got a ton of IPN error messages this morning after someone paid me on Paypal, unrelated to Zen Cart (as I discovered after the fact).
    Looking around, I found that this is owing to the debug setting in the Paypal express checkout module:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....IPN-error-logs
    All well and good, I accept that solution of course.
    However, one question:

My Paypal module is not active. So is it a feature of the Paypal integration that debug remains active even when the module is not active? Or is there some setting in my Paypal account I might need to look into?
    If you've set your PayPal account up to interact with the Zen Cat PayPal payment methods, then you've most likely followed the instructions to set the PayPal account's Instant Payment Notification Preferences to 'point to' the site's ipn_main_handler.php file.

Once that's done, each and every payment received via PayPal will be reflected back to the site via an IPN. That's what you're seeing.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IPN error logs from Paypal even when ZC Paypal module is not active

Thanks lat9, that definitely explains it! Perfect.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.