Plugin Contributions

Default Editing generated product and category meta tags

I'm trying to find where I can edit the generated title and description meta tags for products and categories so I can tweak it a bit.

Is the only way to do this by editing includes/modules/meta_tags.php?

If that's the only way, how would I be able to add top category name and define my own string to replace keywords here?

define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION', str_replace('"','',TITLE . PRIMARY_SECTION . zen_clean_html($category_metatags->fields['categories_name']) . SECONDARY_SECTION . KEYWORDS));

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing generated product and category meta tags

See includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php for help on how to setup a similar file in includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php

The idea is that you place a copy of the original file in a template override directory so that it can be easier to perform upgrades in the future as the template being used does not get touched by the core files that get updated.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing generated product and category meta tags

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    See includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php for help on how to setup a similar file in includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php

The idea is that you place a copy of the original file in a template override directory so that it can be easier to perform upgrades in the future as the template being used does not get touched by the core files that get updated.
    I'm looking to do something similar to this: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ory)-Meta-Tags

Changing around how category titles and descrptions are generated.

I don't really know how to make it use top category name or add my own string of text (containing numbers and special characters) so it could look like this:
    define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION', str_replace('"','',Buy . TOP_CATEGORY_NAME . METATAGS_DIVIDER . zen_clean_html($category_metatags->fields['categories_name']) . METATAGS_DIVIDER . CUSTOM_STRING));

I'm only trying to change how it's generated for categories and products, not sitewide or home page.
    If I manually set meta tags for 100 categories following a template, that's a huge amount of work if I want to change even 1 word after.