Plugin Contributions

Default Changing Menu Option Headings

Have been unable to change the menu option headings. Not sure where to look.

Can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing Menu Option Headings

Care to provide more details? URL, example of what you're trying to change?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry. Had a senior moment.
    Look under store in the headings.
    https://testzen.marindelaislaverde.com/

Plugin Contributions

Oh... It's the "Fresh Food" template... If it were up to me, I'd put that author in jail. Double life sentence. First ##########, then Trego, now more of their s**t...

I can't tell for sure because I haven't had a chance to work with that template (and I hope I never will), but it looks like the menu is hard-coded. You will either find something in the template's admin section that would allow you to build your menu, or you'll just have to edit the HTML code for the menu. Now, the screenshots on TF do indicate that there IS something under Theme Option that would allow you to set a title and choose categories to show below it so you might wanna check in your admin under Tools if there's something like "Theme Option" or something similar. Sadly, the same screenshots also say it's a (quote) "multi store responsive joomla template" so... I dunno...

Or, possibly your best option - use another template. Any other template. Literally. Any. Just not from that author... You'll save yourself A LOT of time, and possibly more important, your sanity.

Plugin Contributions

The template is so pretty, however, my business partner has been warning me about how Zen-Cart community feels about themes from ThemeForest, and especially this Fresh Food template. As time passes I can now fully understand why everyone feels this way. Slowly, but surely, I am feeling the same way.

Do you have any suggestions of a template that is appealing (possibly similar to the Fresh Food template) that is more user-friendly with ZenCart 1.5.6c? I have already looked at the free templates on this site but I really don't like the layouts.

Plugin Contributions

I have absolutely nothing against templates from ThemeForest - I'm actually a huge fan of Perfectus and have purchased their templates numerous times. BTW, I'm in NO way associated with them, don't even know who's behind it. The community does have a grudge against TemplateMonster and I kinda share the feeling, although I have to admit they *have* improved over the years and their templates are finally "workable", but still far from what you'd expect.
    So far, I haven't seen that many negative thoughts on ThemeForest and their templates in general, but as you can see, even the word "m_o_z_e_n" is getting filtered and replaced with #### on the forum so it kinda speaks for itself... Just avoid the templates from dasinfomedia on TF and you should be fine.

The free templates are... Well, free. I guess nobody wants to put hundreds of dollars into design and then spend 20-50-60-100 hours on creating a superb template and then give it away for free. Personally, I haven't seen not one single free template that would look not even acceptable for the modern time expectations, but then again, there ARE sites with amazing turnover and using the built-in responsive_classic template... Not sure what to tell you...

Hopefully this won't be considered as advertising or anything alike (if the mods feel it's against the rules, please delete the post), but I do like Alto and Goodwin on TF. On the downside, both templates are quite bloated and somewhat slower than it should be, but it's a great start.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your guidance! I will be looking into all your suggestions. Hopefully I can find a decent one.

Plugin Contributions

Hi.

I checked your suggestions and they seem to be somewhat good, however, I also found the following site. Do you know anything about them?
    z_e_n_c_a_r_t-t_e_m_p_l_a_t_e dot c_o_m/r_e_s_p_o_n_s_i_v_e

(remove underscores and replace dot)

Thanks for all your help.
    ~ Paul
    Last edited by MDLIV; 19 Nov 2019 at 07:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I can't say anything about this site since I've never used anything from them. And by the looks of their templates, I never will. Use at your own risk.

Plugin Contributions

That's what I was thinking so we decided to get something from Perfectus. https://goodwin.perfectuswebinsights...ex.html?home=1

Thanks, you've been a great help!