Plugin Contributions

Default Database Corruption?

Hi All,

me again! Having just installed the Log Manger plugin as advised in my other post, I now find that my poblem may be deeper than I thought. If I try to do anything in Configuration which make changes, then I get the following error message:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I am assuming some corruption in the database?

Version: 1.5.6c
    PHP 7.2.20

Michael

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Corruption?

If you inspect (either via FTP or your webhost's File Manager) the site's /logs directory, you should see a file named myDEBUG-adm-{something}.log with a date on/around the time you see/saw the error.

Open that file and post the contents back using the 'CODE' tags (the big # in the menu-bar while you write the message). Remember that the -adm- type logs include your Zen Cart admin directory name, so be sure to xxx that out before posting!

Plugin Contributions

Code:
    [20-Nov-2019 19:36:10 UTC] Request URI: /admin-name-changed/configuration.php?gID=20&cID=443&action=save, IP address: 188.30.133.206
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/home/ftp-usernamename/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:171]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/ftp-username/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:143]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/ftp-username/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:270]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/ftp-username/public_html/admin-name-changed/configuration.php:26]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'val_function' in 'field list' :: SELECT val_function FROM configuration WHERE configuration_id = '443' ==> (as called by) /home/ftp-username/public_html/admin-name-changed/configuration.php on line 26 <== in /home/ftp-username/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.

Plugin Contributions

That val_function field was added to the database's configuration table for Zen Cart 1.5.6. What's the history of the site? Was it updated (and if so, how)?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I followed all the instructions, or so I thought, when I upgraded to 1.5.6. I would have upgraded more-or-less as soon as the version was announced. I generally, until the lates version, upgraded as soon as a new version is announced. The site was set up using ZenCart several years ago, can't remember the version I first used.

Michael

Plugin Contributions

That val_function field should have been added by the zc_install/upgrade processing. I'd review the zc156 /zc_install/sql/updates/mysql_update_zencart_156.sql to see what other changes might have been missed.

Plugin Contributions

Thank You. In your estimation would it be sensible to go though the database upgrade again?

Michael

Plugin Contributions

Michael, if it were me, I'd

1. Put the site into maintenance mode.
    2. Create a database backup.
    3. Log into the admin, navigate to Tools->Install SQL Patches, copy&paste the contents of the file named above and run it.

That essentially performs the database-update portion of the zc_install.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. Although I can't acually put the site into Maintenance Mode as I get the same error, will just have to do it on the fly I guess.

Michael

Plugin Contributions

I decided to actually do it from the zc_install itself via a browser, hving read all the 'dire' warnings about doing it any other way. I am pleased to say that it wotked. Thanks again for you very valued advice and help ... Mihael