Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Bank transfer linked to zen-cart

Hello everyone,

I want to open an online shop for handmade stuff and have never done something like this so my question would be:
    How does a bank transfer in zen-cart work. Suppose someone orders something and wants to pay by bank transfer. How does zen-cart know if and when the payment has been received? zen-cart would have to be linked to my bank account or am I completely wrong?

Otherwise I would have to always be notified when such an order arrives and in the coming days constantly check my bank account whether the payment is received and then assign the customer to the correct order.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bank transfer linked to zen-cart

How does zen-cart know if and when the payment has been received?
    It doesn't.

Otherwise I would have to always be notified when such an order arrives
    You should get email notifications of all orders....these ones you put aside/don't process/send until the amount shows up in your bank account.

You stress to the customer that they MUST use their order number in the transfer details to identify it, otherwise "they will have to wait longer to receive their order while you wade through the 1000's of orders"...!!!

Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shIxx View Post
    Otherwise I would have to always be notified when such an order arrives and in the coming days constantly check my bank account whether the payment is received and then assign the customer to the correct order.
    Your bank likely has an option to notify you of deposits - this makes the process a bit less painful.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Otherwise you use some other method of payment such as paypal or something that accepts such payment. The important part of whatever method (to make it easier) is that the payment method provides some sort of notification of status (change) of the payment.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for these informations.
    Do you know if other e-commerce systems support something similar?

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for these informations.
    Do you know if other e-commerce systems support something similar?
    While may receive some negative feedback for asking about other systems in the forum for this one, will say that the system should really be selected based on overall capability and operability. Open source software allows for development and modification to suit ones needs. No matter what though, there may be a cost associated if something isn't already readily available.

Plugin Contributions

Okay that irritates me a bit but may be quite understandable.
    As I wrote in the first post, opening an online shop for me is something completely new. I want a selected system for my needs. I chose zen-cart because I thought that would be the right one, so this forum was my first point of contact. Now this question has come to my mind and I'm very grateful for any information here to find out which system is right for me. If somebody recommends another one to me, that does not mean that one is less good or will certainly is go under. Even if another software costs a bit, I would like to collect only information. That should not be negative mind to open source software, in fact I respect open source software very much.

Plugin Contributions

My chosen hoster supports Magento, osCommerce and Zen Cart, and I want to find out which one is more suitable.

Plugin Contributions

My chosen hoster supports Magento, osCommerce and Zen Cart, and I want to find out which one is more suitable.
    Hi shIxx,
    I'd highly recommend Zen Cart for your online store. The forum has answers readily available. If you want to customize your store to make it a reflection of you and what you sell, Zen Cart is superior among those your host supports.

In my opinion, and that may not be the case for all, Magento is a nightmare to customize whether as a store owner or a developer and the last osCommerce cart I looked at couldn't keep up with the strictest php rules.

Plugin Contributions

Okay that irritates me a bit but may be quite understandable.
    As I wrote in the first post, opening an online shop for me is something completely new. I want a selected system for my needs. I chose zen-cart because I thought that would be the right one, so this forum was my first point of contact. Now this question has come to my mind and I'm very grateful for any information here to find out which system is right for me. If somebody recommends another one to me, that does not mean that one is less good or will certainly is go under. Even if another software costs a bit, I would like to collect only information. That should not be negative mind to open source software, in fact I respect open source software very much.
    Apologies for the irritation, I wanted to help cut down on postings related to how to go about the investigation. It may be helpful in your search to ask a question at each of the "forums" about the related software about why should I use (here would say) Zen Cart instead of Magento or osCommerce? That said, there is always the question to your host about what they mean by "supporting" the software? Some hosts make that claim from the perspective that they operate their servers at versions that allow operation. Others will actually in benefit to the site owner make proper changes to the software. Others too will try to make software changes and muck it up.

Suitability of the software also really depends on your business plan. What types of product features do you want to have, what kind of shipping, advertising, sales, specials, product notifications, image handling, etc... those things and more should help narrow down what software may be best for you. Note that Zen Cart is working to ensure a good core set of code to allow addition and modification to suit the needs of the business and has gone through certification for its security. Something I think that is important is that as a new user, if you choose to dabble or adopt the software that when issues arise with something that they be identified and not just left for someone else. Maintaining a questioning attitude about should this work this way or am I doing something right/wrong will help you and the countless others that may have a similar issue but haven't spoken up.

Again, apologies. I certainly have my preference of software, but it's not for everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast