First, I would like to thank you for the help
Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
I wanted to help cut down on postings related to how to go about the investigation. It may be helpful in your search to ask a question at each of the "forums" about the related software about why should I use (here would say) Zen Cart instead of Magento or osCommerce?
I understand and that is a good suggestion. I will also ask in other forums.

what they mean by "supporting" the software? Some hosts make that claim from the perspective that they operate their servers at versions that allow operation. Others will actually in benefit to the site owner make proper changes to the software. Others too will try to make software changes and muck it up.
The hoster is Netcup.de and they write the following on their homepage:
Application Hosting
In all of our webhosting rates you can install software with just a few clicks. Our web hosting packages contain so-called application hosting.

In total there are more than 30 programs available which can be installed via the administration interface WCP without having to have programming skills. Select the desired application from a category, specify in which directory on the webspace the application should be installed, set the administrator passwords and click on "Run". All this is as easy as ,....
They have applications for forums, blogs, online shops etc. and under shops I can choose from these three.

Suitability of the software also really depends on your business plan. What types of product features do you want to have, what kind of shipping, advertising, sales, specials, product notifications, image handling, etc... those things and more should help narrow down what software may be best for you.
Of course that's the most important thing and I should have made that more clear.

Product:
In my spare time I work with wood. Good massive tables, chairs, lamps, comods and the like. all handmade and unique. I would like to register a small business and sell these things on ebay. But not everyone looks for this Stuff on ebay and not everyone clicks on the seller to see all his products. Since I came up with the idea that I open a small shop with 6 to 20 articles. So everything would be there and I could print and distribute the link on business cards or advertise in the newspaper, on facebook etc.

Price:
Price is between 200€ to 4000€

Shipping:
It will be delivered with a local delivery service DHL, Hermes, GPL etc. which is just cheaper. Only in the EU.
I do the packaging myself.

Payment:
Paypal and bank transfer are very important to me because many do not have Paypal and I would like to have the classic transfer as an option.
And that's why I thought it could be automated so that my bank account is linked with Zen Cart.

I do not think of many orders, maybe that was the confusing because here in the forum one thinks of 100 orders daily. In my case that would be maybe 1 to 10 a month. So it's not that bad if that is not automated. Nevertheless, I must be informed of every order to assign the payment and initiate the delivery.