Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Payment Moldule Problem - Stopped working

I'm using version 1.54, Westminster new template. I use Merchant E-solutions as my gateway and cc processor. Two days ago, orders stopped working. I got calls from customers. They said they would enter payment info then after submitting, it would return them to the previous page to input again. The credit card processor didn't see anything on their end go through, so they weren't declined, just didn't go.

I thought maybe hacking, but I called my hosting company and they didn't think any files had been messed with. There were some htacces files that were modified recently, but apparently that's ok.

So, I'm guessing the issue is somewhere near the payment module. So, I go to re-install it. merchant e-solutions provides some files, and I FTP them into place, replacing the older versions.

https://developer.merchante-solution...enter/zen-cart

Step 4 is where I get stuck. I log into admin and look for the payment module and it is not there. So, I can't get into it to redo the settings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pay_mod.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	18753

Anyone know why it's not in the list if there is any other way to get into it?

I'm kinda stuck without being able to take orders and really not sure what the root cause is. This module had been working for years until 12/10

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Moldule Problem - Stopped working

Also, the right hand area for editing is missing from this page entirely so I can't edit any of the ones that do show up in the list. Also, the title of the page says "Flexible Footer Menu" instead of "Payment Module" Both seem odd. Help is appreciated.

Name:	edit_area.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	18754
    Last edited by CosmosK; 12 Dec 2019 at 06:24 PM.

Plugin Contributions

More info. I tried purchasing a test product. After entering credit card info, it bounces back and says:

Name:	BOUNCE.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	18755

The only other payment option is money order, in that case it bounces back and gives the same error.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like possibly the php version may have been increased to a version not supported by one or more payment modules.

What is being experienced is a partial blank screen which is addressed in part here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Suggest also looking at the version info (link in upper right of admin) and identifying the current php version.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

v1.54 No version mods have been made in years.

The only thing that possibly changed is my hosting company migrated to a new server. My first thought was hackers got me, but they didn't think so after perusing my files.

I deleted all payment module files in in thes two places:

includes\modules\payment
    includes\languages\english\modules\payment

Then, put back just the one. At this point, the blank right half of screen issue is fixed and the module shows up i the list so I can edit it. At that point, it tells me SSL is not detected. Now to chase that one for a while.

Still weird the Payment module top says flexible footer. Do you know where the files are that control this screen so I can overwrite them to a backed up version?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Easiest way to find text that appears either on the store front (catalog) or admin is to use the developers tool kit in the tools menu. You can use the lower left area to enter all or a portion of text to find, identify that you wish to search the admin and then search.

It sounds like something was installed incorrectly or is overriding some base language constant.

As far as the information provided, the Zen Cart version was already identified. The question was about the php version. I suspect it is/was 7.x where x is between 0 and 3 at the moment.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The flexible footer but was fixed years ago, if I remember correctly, it had something to do with language defines being in the wrong location. Download and install the latest version, and that should fix it. The partial white page is IMHO caused by PHP being upgraded to version 7.x. It seems it is time to upgrade Zen Cart too.

Plugin Contributions

PHP Version: 7.3.12 (Zend: 3.3.12)

I'm figuring updated version of ZC is the nuclear option. I have been avoiding it for a couple years. So I have to rebuild me website from scratch if I update it? This has been my hold up, but if I can't sell anything, there's no point to keep what I have.

Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosK View Post
    PHP Version: 7.3.12 (Zend: 3.3.12)

I'm figuring updated version of ZC is the nuclear option. I have been avoiding it for a couple years. So I have to rebuild me website from scratch if I update it? This has been my hold up, but if I can't sell anything, there's no point to keep what I have.

Thanks for the help!
    Upgrading is the best solution, but to get things back up quickly, you could ask your host if they can lower the php version temporarily to 5.x . This way you can start selling again, and start the upgrade at the same time.
    Build the upgrade in a sub-folder, and separate database, so you do not interfere with the live store.

Plugin Contributions

So the hosting company controls the PHP version? I would have thought it was installed when I installed ZC.

Yeah, the subfolder thing. Do I just move it all up a level to go live?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast