Plugin Contributions

Default Additional images with long image names not showing

ZC 1.5.0 with 1.5.1 cache, PHP 5.6, Image handler 4, Dbio

Hi folks,

we have a product csv from feed of around 5000 products and I would like to bulk import it and use it's additional images the zen cart supported way eg. image1 image1_1. However the images are othervise all most correctly named in the feed but image names are awfully long like jmt115997303_60508962.JPG and jmt115997303_605089621.JPG and possibly because of that they are not showing because when I tested with shorter image naming it worked.

Is there possibly a db field lenght in play with that? Also if there is and value is increased does it affect to performance & db size crucially?

Took a quick look to db but did not find that field which would be the one should be changed.

Thanks for any input beforehand.

Brgds,
    OIBIT

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional images with long image names not showing

There is no field specific for additional images in a standard ZC install. (there are plugins that might generate an additional field and/or table to support such information), further it would be evident that the field length is a problem if you were to review the product page info and see that the filename is truncated.

Note that most bulk upload/processing programs do not place the image on the server. That is to be done either manually on the product page (uploading additional images with the main image last) or via ftp and as pointed out, using the naming convention to consider the other images as additional to the main image.

So yes, there is a products_image field in the products table that as of ZC 1.5.5 is 64 characters long. I thought in 1.5.6 or perhaps in 1.5.7 this is longer, but I don't have that information pulled up at the moment. Not expected to have a significant impact on database/operation.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There is no field specific for additional images in a standard ZC install. (there are plugins that might generate an additional field and/or table to support such information), further it would be evident that the field length is a problem if you were to review the product page info and see that the filename is truncated.

Note that most bulk upload/processing programs do not place the image on the server. That is to be done either manually on the product page (uploading additional images with the main image last) or via ftp and as pointed out, using the naming convention to consider the other images as additional to the main image.

So yes, there is a products_image field in the products table that as of ZC 1.5.5 is 64 characters long. I thought in 1.5.6 or perhaps in 1.5.7 this is longer, but I don't have that information pulled up at the moment. Not expected to have a significant impact on database/operation.
    Thank you MC. It was an issue with additinal images naming. The main image can not contain any underscores. 1.5.0 product_image field is also 64 chars long.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIbrickedIT View Post
    Thank you MC. It was an issue with additinal images naming. The main image can not contain any underscores. 1.5.0 product_image field is also 64 chars long.
    Based on the following FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-to-a-product

where the first example has an image name that includes underscores and then there are examples of additional images from that, I disagree with the above "reason" that it didn't work. It seems like there would have been some other issue with the stored information and/or file placement.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...