Plugin Contributions

Default Sitemap Issue - Images resulting in 404 not found

v1.5.5f IH 5.1.5

Problem: Images are not showing up in Google images

Cause: images in sitemap/sitemapproducts have a _LRG suffix in the url which renders to 404 not found error

I have balanced the admin/configuration/images settings with this site to another same version site which does not have this issue but it has made no difference - changing images/suffix for large images from default of _LRG to 'blank' does nothing either.

So needless to say I would be grateful for a solution. (i.e. have sitemap not include any suffix)
    cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sitemap Issue - Images resulting in 404 not found

UPDATE -Further information (too late for edit timeout)

Cause: images in sitemap/sitemapproducts have been allocated to folder/images/large and have a _LRG suffix in the url which renders to 404 not found error - a typical url in the sitemap is
    Code:
    https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au/images/large/earrings/clip-on-earrings-657_LRG.gif
    from the site if I use the browser 'image properties' and copy the url it works fine - the above should example should be
    Code:
    https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au/images/earrings/clip-on-earrings-657.gif
    The images are NOT in that /large/ folder - they are in the folder public_html/images/earrings/ ... so why is it that sitemapxml is using this incorrect url format?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Update #2

The situation appears to be corrected - I cleared browser cache and it now works fine, apparently as a result of 'balancing' the admin/configuration/images settings to those of another site that didn't have the issue. - it apparently needed the clearing of cache to show the effect of the change.

Solution: the apparent solution is changing admin/configuration/images/IH resize images >> to 'no' - (the following is my assumption and needs validating by someone who understands the functions of IH) .. when set to yes this appears to have IH add the _LRG suffix if the image size for product_info size is smaller than the image size on file in the images folder - e.g. if your image as uploaded is 700x700 pixels and you set product_ifo image size at 300 x 300 pixels then IH will consider it at the 700 x 700 and allocates it to large images. So by setting it to no it ignores the file image size and does not 'resize' for sitemap url's.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

This should be brought up in the applicable images handler thread. As far as setting the value to no, understand that IH is no longer active and therefore not optimizing images. As I know you continue to do anything that might seem SEO worthy and this will have a direct effect on that where images are larger than the displayed resolution.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    This should be brought up in the applicable images handler thread. As far as setting the value to no, understand that IH is no longer active and therefore not optimizing images. As I know you continue to do anything that might seem SEO worthy and this will have a direct effect on that where images are larger than the displayed resolution.
    Thanks MC - posting to Image Handler thread.

cheers,
    Mike