Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default MySQLi error 1366: Incorrect string value

I just upgraded my site to php7.2
    I noticed when I import using easy populate I get an error i don't understand. If someone could help me that would be great

HTML Code:
    MySQLi error 1366: Incorrect string value: '\x96 help...' for column 'products_description' at row 1
    When executing:
    INSERT INTO products_description (
                                products_id,
                      products_name,  products_description,  products_url, 
                       language_id )
                                VALUES (
                       'REC, REC310TP2M, TwinPeak 2 Mono Series, 310W Premium Solar Panel with Superior Performace', '<strong>REC TwinPeak 2 Mono</strong><br /><br />\n\nBased on the multiple award-winning REC TwinPeak technology, REC TwinPeak 2 Mono panels bring heightened efficiency to REC\'s portfolio. Building on REC\'s long experience with half-cut cell technology, the REC TwinPeak 2 Mono Series uses p-type monocrystalline PERC cells, offering an even greater efficiency and power, making this Series suitable for all applications and system sizes, anywhere in the world!\n\n<ul>\n\n<li>REC TwinPeak 2 Mono Series (300-330 Wp) | <a target=\"_blank\" href=\"http://www.invertersupply.com/media/data/Datassddwwwrwrrheet.pdf\"><span class=\"d_link\">Download</span></a></li>\n	\n<li>Warranty Information | <a target=\"_blank\" href=\"http://www.invertersupply.com/media/data/derPanel Warranty.pdf\"><span class=\"d_link\">Download</span></a></li>	\n\n\n</ul>\n\n<strong>Features</strong><br /><br />\nREC TwinPeak 2 Mono features REC\'s innovative design with the high panel efficiency and power output of monocrystalline cells, enabling you to get the most out of the space available – helping to lower your energy bills and shorten the payback time through increased yield and lower costs.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>MORE POWER OUTPUT PER M2</strong><br /><br />\nREC TwinPeak 2 Mono panels are packed with the same advanced REC TwinPeak technologies that have won REC multiple awards. This p-type mono variant offers higher power output per square meter of panels installed. Compared to standard 60-cell panels on a multicrystalline (poly) platform, you get at least 25 Wp more per panel!<br /><br />\n\n<strong>MORE PERFORMANCE IN SHADED CONDITIONS</strong><br /><br />\nPanels with REC TwinPeak technologies have a unique “twin” design, which enables them to generate electricity even when they are partially shaded. Over time, you get a higher yield from your installation.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>MORE COST EFFICIENT</strong><br /><br />\nBy delivering more power per square meter, you need fewer REC TwinPeak 2 Mono panels to generate the same power. This means quicker installation times and the need for fewer components such as clamps and racks. All of which reduces your overall costs, shortening the payback time.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>Variants</strong><br /><br />\nREC TwinPeak 2 Mono panels come standard with a black frame, providing a balance of good looks and high power.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>Warranty</strong><br /><br />\nREC solar panels come standard with comprehensive warranties that provide value-adding security you can depend on.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>25-YEAR LINEAR POWER OUTPUT WARRANTY</strong><br /><br />\nEnsures that your REC solar panels will perform exactly as they are expected to – every year for 25 years.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>NEW! 20 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY</strong><br /><br />\nPromises that the workmanship and materials of the panels themselves maintain their superior quality for 20 years – double the old product warranty duration.<br /><br />\n', '', 
                       1)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MySQLi error 1366: Incorrect string value

Hi Chadlly

96 is an en dash in Latin1. In the string you posted a lot of the characters have been escaped, apart from the en dash. Is your store database using utf8 or Latin1? Or is your CSV using Latin1 or utf8? They dont play well together if mixed.

Regards raptar

Plugin Contributions

The server is using: Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8).
    collation utf8_general_ci

Its strange because on my local machine it is working I dont get any errors. On my live site I get the error.

Plugin Contributions

Ok database is good. Do use excel when working on your csv?

Plugin Contributions

yes I have been doing this for years with no problem. I upgraded to a dedicated server and now I get this error. Just to mention I do have it working on my local machine.

Yes I am using a CSV file to import.

Plugin Contributions

Try using &ndash; for the - instead and see if it runs. It's strange how most of the string is sanitized/escaped apart from that dash.

Plugin Contributions

i did the &ndash; ... same results

Code:
    MySQLi error 1366: Incorrect string value: '\x93twin\x94...' for column 'products_description' at row 1
    When executing:
    UPDATE products_description SET  products_name      = 'REC, REC310TP2M, TwinPeak 2 Mono Series, 310W Premium Solar Panel with Superior Performace', products_description = '<strong>REC TwinPeak 2 Mono</strong><br /><br />\n\nBased on the multiple award-winning REC TwinPeak technology, REC TwinPeak 2 Mono panels bring heightened efficiency to REC\'s portfolio. Building on REC\'s long experience with half-cut cell technology, the REC TwinPeak 2 Mono Series uses p-type monocrystalline PERC cells, offering an even greater efficiency and power, making this Series suitable for all applications and system sizes, anywhere in the world!\n\n<ul>\n\n<li>REC TwinPeak 2 Mono Series (300-330 Wp) | <a target=\"_blank\" href=\"http://www.invertersupply.com/media/data/Datassddwwwrwrrheet.pdf\"><span class=\"d_link\">Download</span></a></li>\n	\n<li>Warranty Information | <a target=\"_blank\" href=\"http://www.invertersupply.com/media/data/derPanel Warranty.pdf\"><span class=\"d_link\">Download</span></a></li>	\n\n\n</ul>\n\n<strong>Features</strong><br /><br />\nREC TwinPeak 2 Mono features REC\'s innovative design with the high panel efficiency and power output of monocrystalline cells, enabling you to get the most out of the space available - helping to lower your energy bills and shorten the payback time through increased yield and lower costs.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>MORE POWER OUTPUT PER M2</strong><br /><br />\nREC TwinPeak 2 Mono panels are packed with the same advanced REC TwinPeak technologies that have won REC multiple awards. This p-type mono variant offers higher power output per square meter of panels installed. Compared to standard 60-cell panels on a multicrystalline (poly) platform, you get at least 25 Wp more per panel!<br /><br />\n\n<strong>MORE PERFORMANCE IN SHADED CONDITIONS</strong><br /><br />\nPanels with REC TwinPeak technologies have a unique “twin” design, which enables them to generate electricity even when they are partially shaded. Over time, you get a higher yield from your installation.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>MORE COST EFFICIENT</strong><br /><br />\nBy delivering more power per square meter, you need fewer REC TwinPeak 2 Mono panels to generate the same power. This means quicker installation times and the need for fewer components such as clamps and racks. All of which reduces your overall costs, shortening the payback time.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>Variants</strong><br /><br />\nREC TwinPeak 2 Mono panels come standard with a black frame, providing a balance of good looks and high power.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>Warranty</strong><br /><br />\nREC solar panels come standard with comprehensive warranties that provide value-adding security you can depend on.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>25-YEAR LINEAR POWER OUTPUT WARRANTY</strong><br /><br />\nEnsures that your REC solar panels will perform exactly as they are expected to – every year for 25 years.<br /><br />\n\n<strong>NEW! 20 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY</strong><br /><br />\nPromises that the workmanship and materials of the panels themselves maintain their superior quality for 20 years – double the old product warranty duration.',  products_url = ''         WHERE products_id = 194820 AND language_id = 1

Plugin Contributions

Did you get all of them? they are hard to spot. Not much visual difference between hypens, ems and ens

Plugin Contributions

yes I doubled checked myself just now with the same results.

Plugin Contributions

You ave a different error now. You are chasing apostrophes this time. Possibly in the web url. Is your product description cut and pasted off something else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast