Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default trying to upgrade 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c but it seems I am a bit stuck. Please help

I am trying to follow the guide here ( https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...-zen-cart-site ). I have created the folders zen_backup ( live site) , zen_original ( original install ) and zen_new ( 1.5.6c). I have then compared the differences between my live site and 1.5.6 in winmerg. What I am confused about is how I actually upgrade my site . Do i just overwrite the live files with the edited install ones ? And just use my existing database and then upload a backup of live database to bring the customer information back ?

Do i use a new database after i upload the new zencart files over the old ( live files ) and upload a backup of live database to bring the customer information back , after install ? I am really stuck here. This is my first time trying this.

################################################################################ __
    www.missingcord.com
    Zen Cart 1.5.5f
    downgraded php 5.6

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: trying to upgrade zencart 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c but it seems I am a bit stuck. Please

What's the purpose of zen_original?

You would/should be comparing your current site with a new 156c install. The zen_backup folder should contain an identical copy of the current site's files, of course. You can see the differences when you're comparing it, but if any plugins were installed that would modify any of the core files, you'll need to carefully merge the changes. Same goes for ANY custom modifications made to any of those files. Probably a better approach would be to remove any modifications required by some plugin, take notes, and then later reinstall those plugins - maybe there are some differences there as well.

Once you're done with the files, you're moving on to the database. Create a NEW database and copy all live site's tables into the new database. Start the zc_install process with the newly upgraded files and choose to upgrade database. All of your data and setting will be preserved, and the database will be upgraded to the latest version. And then you're ready to test the upgraded site and see if everything works properly.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: trying to upgrade zencart 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c but it seems I am a bit stuck. Please

oh , in the guide I posted it said to compare the original install files to the live site for notes ? Maybe i read that wrong. Its on step one of the above guide. Going to Retry the upgrade using what you just showed me.

Plugin Contributions

How copy all of the tables into the new database ? Is this done in phpmyadmin ?

edit* I found this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW5lrS6EUPM
    trying it now.
    Last edited by jasonshanks; 4 Jan 2020 at 07:48 PM.

Plugin Contributions

How copy all of the tables into the new database ? Is this done in phpmyadmin ?
    A better description would be to import your REAL database into the EMPTY/NEW database, thereby overwriting it.

At this precise moment, there may be fields missing in your REAL database that the NEW files expect to use...so the shop/admin will create errors/may not work at all.
    Hence you now need to run the zc_install which inspects your database and adds any new items as required.
    Last edited by torvista; 4 Jan 2020 at 10:53 PM.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

There is a lot of information about upgrading...too much, and so detailed that I can't see the wood for the trees!

I summarise it as:
    Make new installation using new database (on the latest php version).
    Add in your mods files and test to death (this is the real work) both on development and a real server.
    Import old database (and maybe break the installation).
    Update old database (and fix installation).
    Done!
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Hello ,

Thank you to both of you for helping me. I so sorry I am not picking up on this very fast I did make some progress however with the help you both gave me.
    To make sure I didnt bork up my live site , I used another domain I owned (https://www.salvagecrate.com). To test the upgrade.
    Installed a fresh 1.5.6c with a fresh database. I don't really use very many mods other than sitemapxml and ceon uri. I know ceon is having issues now so i skipped it and installed sitemap. So far so good. I went and imported the tables using the guide I found here

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?144

My products where back , I was so happy. The theme was all messed up , but I fixed that by switching to responsive classic in admin.
    I uploaded a copy of zc_install , upgraded the database and then deleted it again. I then brought the version of php up to 7.2 . Wow , this is actually fun! After uploading my image folders things are looking good.
    Last edited by jasonshanks; 5 Jan 2020 at 06:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I am now getting tons of mydebug logs with this message however

[04-Jan-2020 20:41:00 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=shippinginfo, IP address: 162.234.204.230
    #1 sizeof() called at [/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/domainfolder/includes/modules/sideboxes/more_information.php:33]
    #2 require(/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/domainfolder/includes/modules/sideboxes/more_information.php) called at [/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/domainfolder/includes/modules/column_left.php:31]
    #3 require(/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/domainfolder/includes/modules/column_left.php) called at [/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/domainfolder/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:136]
    #4 require(/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/domainfolder/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/domainfolder/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/domainfolder/includes/modules/sideboxes/more_information.php on line 33.

They didn't stop till i turned off the more information sidebox in layout box controller. Do you know how to fix this , just encase i need to use that side box in the future ?

Plugin Contributions

oh hey , i found the fix for that here

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....f()-to-!empty()

Plugin Contributions

Have you looked at How do I rebuild my site on the new version, instead of upgrading? - Blogs - Zen Cart Support

This is really the best example of upgrading and keeping the original going as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast