Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: trying to upgrade zencart 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c but it seems I am a bit stuck. Please

I even got to the point to where I believed I had damaged the install files. So redownloaded a fresh copy of 1.5.6c from the site and the github. If I install zencart fresh without any changes. The important links shows in mobile. I think import my database and upgrade it and they vanish. I am going to keep trying. Maybe I need to select my custom template before the database upgrade.

Name:  skJmcrj.png
Views: 109
Size:  14.9 KB
    Last edited by jasonshanks; 6 Apr 2020 at 02:11 PM. Reason: more info.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: trying to upgrade zencart 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c but it seems I am a bit stuck. Please

mmm no effect. As soon as I import the tables from the 1.5.5f into the new database , they vanish.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

i guess the nuke option here is the just bring over the products manually. The problem shows up when I import the tables from the 1.5.5f install. But first I need to see if my plugins work on a clean copy.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasonshanks View Post
    So here I am about to make that upgrade. Now that I have all the time in the world.

http://www.salvagecrate.com/ 1.5.6c php 7.3

How can i get important links to show any of the ezpages ( or any links at all ) in mobile. It just shows 0 in mobile. This is my test site using my database from my 1.5.5f. They show on my non upgraded site in mobile , but I can't for the life of me get them to show there.
    Jason, please create a new thread with a title like "EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template" and we'll work through it there. This thread is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, ZC 1.5.6 (including sub-versions a-c) was distributed with an ezpages html "section" that was smaller than its predecessors. There is a fix associated with 1.5.6 (included in 1.5.7) for if there is a 1.5.6d version released. The difference(s) can be seen in comparing:
    1.5.6c:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...t_156.sql#L187
    Available for next 1.5.6:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...t_156.sql#L187

Basically the field is "truncated" from a mediumtext field length to a text field length.

The above is the difference in the upgrade path, but a fresh install using either of those two branches has the same sized field.

Another reason the field can go blank is when having a mix of collations where one or more "special" characters are used and the entire field goes blank. But I suspect from the upgrade path of above and associated issue that the above is the cause.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Jason, please create a new thread with a title like "EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template" and we'll work through it there. This thread is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Hello,

Absolutely , will make a new one now. Also good morning.

Plugin Contributions

Follow ups on this topic to https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....assic-template please
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234