Plugin Contributions

Default Missing order... somewhere

I just got an email from a customer who took advantage of a Black Friday special, in November. She didn't download her digital orders right away and today, tried to do so. However, she cannot find her downloads.

I checked in the backend, in the list of orders, and sure enough, it is NOT there. The Paypal transaction did go through and I got a notification for that, but I never got a notification from ZC (i am waiting to hear if she got one, which I doubt).

Is there any other place where her order could be "hidden"?
    If I can figure out what were the products she bought (probably around 10), I could create a coupon for her to get the same products for free, since she has already paid and I would want her to have the download links in her order history for future reference.

Any suggestion?

Using ZC 1.5.5.e

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing order... somewhere

If the IPN never came back to the cart, she likely never ended up on the checkout success page. When she logs in and go to the shopping cart are all of the products still sitting there? I would expect them to be still in the cart waiting for checkout to complete.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

That is a good question. I can ask her. However, she did make another purchase today, of one more digital product. I assume she would have seen them, but it is still worth asking.

Plugin Contributions

What method of Paypal is being used? Normally this is not an issue with PayPal Express.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am just using standard Paypal. Not Express.

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure she already paid? Meaning, have you gone into Paypal and located the transaction?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, she has paid. I have the Paypal notification AND i can still see it directly on Paypal.

Plugin Contributions

This has been discussed in multiple locations in this forum and seems to happen for various reasons. For some it was that in attempting to send the order email there was some sort of delay that caused a mismatch between paypal response and ZC further processing and the order wouldn't get recorded even though the payment had been processed. I tried to skim through the code to see if I could recall where it happens, but haven't been successful. Generally the solution has been to switch to PayPal Express where there is sufficient information captured and exchanged to only receive payment upon completion that would support order creation. Otherwise it seems that the order information is lost in limbo.

If a code solution has been developed it has not been pushed back to github to be incorporated for others and the community.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I seem to recall that in the paypal settings at paypal in the notifications section there is a page where you can view the last months worth of IPN messages and force them to be resent to your website. Try that and see if the order generates afterwards.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!