Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default color attribute added, no add to cart button and no attribute drop downb either after

new install 1.5.6c using the zencart installer. Ty package tracker, easy populate, dropshipping and pdf purchase order, image handler 5
    After selecting markers I needed a dropdown so purchaser could select color and defined color as attribute, and added about 15 colors and tried to insert and the add to cart button disappeared and there is no way to select the product to get the more detailed view and there is no dropdown for color. Prior to installing the attribute the add to cart button was there and functioned properly.
    Any ideas? I have tried the add attribute process several times all with the same result.
    Here is the link to the product. http://ezinks.net/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=246

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: color attribute added, no add to cart button and no attribute drop downb either a

What you're seeing is a 'partial whitescreen', implying that somewhere in that page's generation a PHP error was encountered. Check your site's /logs directory for myDEBUG*.log files that identify the source of the issue.

Note, too, that using a webhost's auto-installer for Zen Cart can be problematic.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: color attribute added, no add to cart button and no attribute drop downb either a

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    What you're seeing is a 'partial whitescreen', implying that somewhere in that page's generation a PHP error was encountered. Check your site's /logs directory for myDEBUG*.log files that identify the source of the issue.

Note, too, that using a webhost's auto-installer for Zen Cart can be problematic.
    Thank you. How do you identify a partial whitescreen error? I did not make any changes to the php files and did not use a webhost installer.
    thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    Thank you. How do you identify a partial whitescreen error? I did not make any changes to the php files and did not use a webhost installer.
    thanks again
    A couple of ways to identify. Some easier for those familiar with expected results than those possibly new to the store.

First and obvious way is that there is absolutely nothing generated on screen after a certain point on the page. Another way is to review the source code of a page (the part that tells the browser what to display) in "harder" to evaluate situations there may be one html tag missing that would otherwise be expected (ie. Worst case/hardest to find). But often it is as obvious as on this one page alone.

There's no footer, there's no closing html tag, information just abruptly stops.

Another way to somewhat identify that it is a partial white screen is to navigate to a similar page (previous or next product) and see the difference in display.

While not specifically a partial blank issue, when operations are not as expected there is likely to be a way to identify the cause: myDebug log, Web browser console, a logic issue in the code identified by adding some tracking code, a server log, etc... some are easier to tack down than others. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    A couple of ways to identify. Some easier for those familiar with expected results than those possibly new to the store.

First and obvious way is that there is absolutely nothing generated on screen after a certain point on the page. Another way is to review the source code of a page (the part that tells the browser what to display) in "harder" to evaluate situations there may be one html tag missing that would otherwise be expected (ie. Worst case/hardest to find). But often it is as obvious as on this one page alone.

There's no footer, there's no closing html tag, information just abruptly stops.

Another way to somewhat identify that it is a partial white screen is to navigate to a similar page (previous or next product) and see the difference in display.

While not specifically a partial blank issue, when operations are not as expected there is likely to be a way to identify the cause: myDebug log, Web browser console, a logic issue in the code identified by adding some tracking code, a server log, etc... some are easier to tack down than others. :)
    Here is the content from the debug file. I don't know what to repair or change as I don't understand this yet.
    Code:
    #1  require() called at [/homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php:117]
    #2  require(/homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php) called at [/homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php:177]
    #3  require(/homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php) called at [/homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/includes/templates/CUSTOM/common/tpl_main_page.php:171]
    #4  require(/homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/includes/templates/CUSTOM/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php on line 117.

[12-Jan-2020 11:06:21 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.2') in /homepages/15/d677912928/htdocs/Ezinks/includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php on line 117
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

If you look for your_sites_directory/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php does the file exist? You may have accidentally removed it in your changes.

If you make modifications to the file, you would save it to your_sites_directory/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php

Plugin Contributions

I checked and that file is not included anywhere in my install files. Do you have a copy?

Plugin Contributions

That file comes with the distribution files for 1.5.6c.

includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php If it is, in fact missing, you will need to check and see what other files did not make it into your install.

Code:
    <?php/**
     * Module Template
     * Template used to render attribute display/input fields
     * @package templateSystem
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2018 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: mc12345678 Tue May 8 00:42:18 2018 -0400 Modified in v1.5.6 $
     */
    ?>
    <div id="productAttributes">
    <?php if ($zv_display_select_option > 0) { ?>
    <h3 id="attribsOptionsText"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS; ?></h3>
    <?php } // show please select unless all are readonly ?>

<?php
        for($i=0, $j=sizeof($options_name); $i<$j; $i++) {
    ?>
    <?php
      if ($options_comment[$i] != '' and $options_comment_position[$i] == '0') {
    ?>
    <h3 class="attributesComments"><?php echo $options_comment[$i]; ?></h3>
    <?php
      }
    ?>

<div class="wrapperAttribsOptions" id="<?php echo $options_html_id[$i]; ?>">
    <h4 class="optionName back"><?php echo $options_name[$i]; ?></h4>
    <div class="back"><?php echo "\n" . $options_menu[$i]; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </div>

<?php if ($options_comment[$i] != '' and $options_comment_position[$i] == '1') { ?>
        <div class="ProductInfoComments"><?php echo $options_comment[$i]; ?></div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php
    if (isset($options_attributes_image[$i]) && $options_attributes_image[$i] != '') {
    ?>
    <?php echo $options_attributes_image[$i]; ?>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
        }
    ?>

<?php
      if ($show_onetime_charges_description == 'true') {
    ?>
        <div class="wrapperAttribsOneTime"><?php echo TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGE_SYMBOL . TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGE_DESCRIPTION; ?></div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php
      if ($show_attributes_qty_prices_description == 'true') {
    ?>
        <div class="wrapperAttribsQtyPrices"><?php echo zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_ICONS . 'icon_status_green.gif', TEXT_ATTRIBUTES_QTY_PRICE_HELP_LINK, 10, 10) . '&nbsp;' . '<a href="javascript:popupWindowPrice(\'' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_ATTRIBUTES_QTY_PRICES, 'products_id=' . $_GET['products_id'] . '&products_tax_class_id=' . $products_tax_class_id) . '\')">' . TEXT_ATTRIBUTES_QTY_PRICE_HELP_LINK . '</a>'; ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    </div>

Plugin Contributions

I found the file in a prior backup and added to my template and it all works. Thank you very much.

Plugin Contributions

Time to do a check to see what else is missing. Several free compare programs are available out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast