Default Remove Zencart logo

Using version 1.5.6 I have searched for removing the logo in the header and found some topics where that question was asked and the answer was on how to change the logo. I want to get rid of it including the alt text and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer to this.
    Can anybody help me ?
    If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything !!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Zencart logo

You didn't say which template you're using. It's usually a matter of editing includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php and removing the div that contains the logo.

Thank you. I use fidelity and not really THAT straight forward but i did get it gone.
    If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything !!!

Plugin Contributions

To prevent problems on future updates, you might want to consider a stylesheet change versus core file.

Adding a stylesheet_zcustom.css creates a stylesheet that 99.9% of the time loads last. Putting logoWrapper {display:none} would completely remove the logo, alt text, and their wrapper.

A simple css change could turn it back on if you needed it later.

Just as in most any software, there are several ways to accomplish a task. I just think having to "remember" a core file change is not the easiest way. Maybe it's my memory that's the problem.

If you stick with the core file change, at least put a comment in the code that you can easily search for at a later date.

I am assuming that css file would go in the Custom css folder ? and do i have to add anything to point to that css ?
    I did a search for Custom css but the search doesn't work all that great and nothing much comes up that pertains to that.
    You wouldn't have a link by any chance ?
    Last edited by windsurfer; 20 Jan 2020 at 03:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

stylesheets in the template/css folder, when named correctly (i.e. stylesheet_whatever.css) will autoload. you can control when they load as it loads them alphabetically, or in the case of page specific stylesheets they will only load on specific pages. See https://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index....Per-Page-Rules
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!