Plugin Contributions

Default International RFQ/ Shipping rate request needed for v157c

I need to have international customers request their shipping options before checkout until I can find a better solution.
    There were some plugins that offered this for earlier versions of ZC. However, they are all very old, most for v1.3.x series Zen Carts. I ran into this same problem 13 years ago (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....t=RFQ+SHIP-ZEN). I don't expect any of the old plugins to work now, and I need to do this on a v157c.
    Is there a workaround for this in the admin? Or perhaps a repurposing of one of the existing shipping options that can be applied to this problem? Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: International RFQ/ Shipping rate request needed for v157c

Was there anything about the plugin set that you mentioned, which wasn't filling the need?
    (ie: if just upgrading it for v157 would suffice, that'd be helpful to know)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Was there anything about the plugin set that you mentioned, which wasn't filling the need?
    (ie: if just upgrading it for v157 would suffice, that'd be helpful to know)
    I didn't attempt the install because it appears to overwrite orders.php files, and the files have evolved since the plugin was released for v1.3.8. I also didn't understand them well enough to make the necessary changes. So I thought I should inquire about alternative plugins or admin workarounds that would accomplish the same.
    I believe an upgrade would work. It performed well in previous Zen Carts.

Plugin Contributions

The change to orders.php was actually minimal. And it seems the plugin file set had an error in it too.
    Code:
    define('TEXT_RQF', 'Request for Quote');
    should be
    Code:
    define('TEXT_RFQ', 'Request for Quote');
    There were also a couple of deprecated constructor warnings in rfq.php and rfq2.php which are fixed by replacing
    Code:
    function rfq
    and
    Code:
    function rfq2
    with
    Code:
    function __construct
    I also had a bit of trouble getting the image to show up (not sure why), but placing the .gif in my images directory and changing DIR_WS_ICONS in includes/modules/rfq.php to DIR_WS_IMAGES seems to have fixed that.

Looks like it's working great with v1.5.7c

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, the renaming of the constructor function is required for modern PHP versions.

The admin orders.php language file define could just be moved to its own extra_definitions file, so that no override is required.

There's a possibility that some PHP warnings may occur if the module files are uploaded but the modules haven't been activated/enabled yet. But once enabled such warnings should disappear. That's just a matter of testing for certain defines that aren't present during the constructor loading, and exiting early if the module isn't enabled.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.