Plugin Contributions

Default Newsletter and Product Notifications Manager, No Option for HTML

Hello,

I am new to ZenCart and assumed that the dropdown in the Newsletter and Product Notifications Manager served a purpose. I have looked in the Zen Cart book I bought and online, but see no reference to the dropdown on the right side of the screen, where the only choice is plain text. I was expecting the other choice would be HTML, but there is no other choice. I spent a long time trying to see why it didn't work before I realized that there was a Rich Text Content area, and below that (off my screen) a space for text only content. So it seems that the dropdown serves no purpose. Is it a leftover feature from older Zen-Cart versions?

Please advise,
    mrsawyer

Name:  mdlivnewstext.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  121.7 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter and Product Notifications Manager, No Option for HTML

That dropdown does serve a purpose, but only if you install an editor. You can find CK Editor here. It's a drag-and-drop install so just add it to your site and you'll be able to use it (you might be required to log out and log back in to the admin, not sure).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    That dropdown does serve a purpose, but only if you install an editor. You can find CK Editor here. It's a drag-and-drop install so just add it to your site and you'll be able to use it (you might be required to log out and log back in to the admin, not sure).
    Thanks for the reply. Though I could not find documentation of it, it seems that CKeditor is partially included in version 1.56c of ZenCart. The only part not included seems to be the part that is supposed to be installed in the store's editor directory. Is this correct? Was the plugin included as of 1.56c, or before that? I have not been able to tell.

Regards,
    mrsawyer

Plugin Contributions

There are no editors other than plain text provided with the standard Zen Cart download. If you used some host's autoloader instead of a Zen Cart download, you may have part of the files on your site.

It may be that you or someone loaded the files but did not activate the editor. Check the Configuration >> My Store settings for HTML Editor. If you only have Plain Text as an option, CKeditor is not installed. Go to the link balihr provided and install the ckeditor.

If you do have CKeditor as an option, select it and it will appear as an option on other pages.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    There are no editors other than plain text provided with the standard Zen Cart download. If you used some host's autoloader instead of a Zen Cart download, you may have part of the files on your site.

It may be that you or someone loaded the files but did not activate the editor. Check the Configuration >> My Store settings for HTML Editor. If you only have Plain Text as an option, CKeditor is not installed. Go to the link balihr provided and install the ckeditor.

If you do have CKeditor as an option, select it and it will appear as an option on other pages.
    Hello,
    I checked the 1.56c version I downloaded from Zen-Cart.com. ckeditor.php is in the admin directory in two places, extra-definitions and includes. I was told by a Zen-Cart theme developer that those were there on purpose, but that the upload of the ckeditor files to the Editor folder in the root directory was left out on purpose, but was all that is needed to be done to complete the installation of CKeditor. If this is not correct, can someone explain why Zen-Cart includes those two files in the Admin folder?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

You were told correctly. The book is basic, basic information. The forum, as someone said, is like "post it notes on your monitor." If you're having trouble finding information on the forum, try your query on Google with the added Zen Cart trailer.

Yes there are files included that facilitate the editor's use and complete the install on the next admin login.

They are not files from CKEditor but just the nice dev's saving you a little work if you install the mod.

The mod does not touch any core files so, why not install?