Plugin Contributions

Default Social Media and SideBox help needed

I have spent the past two days researching and trying to figure out how to do two things.
    I'm not completely new to Zen-Cart I've had stored for at least 5 years now. But I just upgraded to the newest version and starting my store from scratch.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but wasn't sure which section to post it in.

1. 1) First issue is no matter how hard, how much I follow the directions in this forum and other online sources I can not for the life of me get a Social Media share or like button to work.
    2. - First - I'm having is that I can't figure out where to put the JavaScript code. When I put it where instructed It makes my site come up blank, or throws and error, even if I copy and paste it entirely.
    3. - Second issue is when I get it to come up everything on my site is moved around
    4. - I would prefer if I could use the "ShareThis" Vertical Bar as in my old site http://www.cpardy.com
    5. 2) Second - I'm having a hard time trying to add SideBoxes outside of EzPages. I don't want a clickable link that goes to another page to read like the Privacy page I want side boxes I can add Text information and mixed content in that stay in the side boxes.
    6. The best I could do for now was just add EzPage on the right that has links to my social media, but I'm not happy with this.

My brain is mush at this point, so please help with as simplest instructions as you can.

Thanks

http://www.cpardydesign.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Social Media and SideBox help needed

You could turn on a define page if you have a spare or clone one and it will have a link in the sidebox.

Social share buttons usually go in:
    templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates
    templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common
    templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript

That covers the header, footer and center page content in the template you are using.

Any time you add a block of content to the layout/display of the header, center or footer there's a good chance it will move due to the CSS layout Zen uses. You'll need to use the developer tools in your browser to see where the css needs to be changed for desktop in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css then in the responsive css files as well.

We could send instructions/tutorials to walk you through it if you would like to learn how to code it yourself?
    Twitch.
    http://www.twitchtoo.com - Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Wholesale + Attributes, ZC 1.38 - 1.56c - Expert Site Migration & Upgrades!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in response, I had to Take a good break from this and clear my mind for the weekend. It's bad when you start dreaming of how you can fix thing and actually see the code in your dreams. Lol

I would LOVE if you could send me instructions/tutorials so I could learn.

Also can you send me detailed information on how to turn on a Define Page

One of the biggest issues I am finding is ANY Mod I try to install doesn't seem to work. I follow the directions to a T and *poof* nothing. It's pretty discouraging and I can't figure out where I went wrong. The last time I went at this a few years ago everything went good :)

So I'm trying to test out the shop now to see how everything looks after all my customizing and I'm finding this happening.
    Name:  Zencart Payment Info Page.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  158.2 KB

Again I'm going through every way I know how to trouble shoot it, but can not figure out how to get all this back in order. I have even went back to an Untouched Theme template and it's still doing it. Can someone point me in the right direction on where to find these boxes in css or the template. If it wasn't at the final stages of ordering I would have just let it be, but since this important info for the customer to see I've gotta get it right before I can go live with the shop.

Plugin Contributions

includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php

Code:
    <div class="floatingBox important forward"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <br />  <<<add this br tag
    <?php // ** BEGIN PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT **
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Stick the code provided by sharethis in includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_main_page.php right before the closing body tag at the bottom of the file.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php

Code:
    <div class="floatingBox important forward"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    Adding the <br /> didn't seem to do anything. Its showing this way on mobile devices also.

I'm still pretty stuck on getting ANY mod or plug-ins to work also.

Plugin Contributions

Try changing that code fragment provided by @barco57 to:
    Code:
    <div class="clearBoth"></div>
    Chrome doesn't like a CSS clear: both; on <br> tags.