Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default admin logon page blank

Well godaddy "upgraded me from deluxe hosting to cpanel. Having problems, like I was able to logon to the backend but the changes I made didn't show up on the store. So I figured the admin configuration file is still pointing to the old db, It was. So I copied the

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/webroot/store/'); -> webroot/store has dif values

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); ---> changed fro db server address to simply "localhost"

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'username');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'password');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'database');

To the admin configuration and now all I get is a white screen when I go to ,,,,/admin/index.php

any suggestions? I believe I'm running 1.55 but I cannot tell because I cannot logon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin logon page blank

There's a chance the complete physical path is incorrect. There is also a chance your user account needs to have access to the SQL database in GoDaddy cPanel, that will release the hold on access when Zen loads.

I have this problem often if I guess the path without considering the new folder names or similarly during a site transfer that changes the paths dramatically.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mespe View Post
    Well godaddy "upgraded me from deluxe hosting to cpanel. Having problems, like I was able to logon to the backend but the changes I made didn't show up on the store. So I figured the admin configuration file is still pointing to the old db, It was. So I copied the

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/webroot/store/'); -> webroot/store has dif values

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); ---> changed fro db server address to simply "localhost"

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'username');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'password');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'database');

To the admin configuration and now all I get is a white screen when I go to ,,,,/admin/index.php

any suggestions? I believe I'm running 1.55 but I cannot tell because I cannot logon
    Forgot to mention that the store side works I can select a product, create customer, add to cart,,,

Plugin Contributions

Blank screen in admin is usually accompanied by a mydebug-adm-xxxxx.log file in your /logs directory. If you post the contents of the latest log file, we might be able to help more.

Plugin Contributions

Since still no posting that the issue has been resolved, would recommend reviewing the contents of the admin/includes/configure.php file because changes were made there.

Besides validating that the information contained is correct, likely there is an issue with either unbalanced single quotes or the use of the wrong kind of "single" quote.

A define should be formatted similar to below:
    define('CONSTANT', 'data');
    Where the single quote is generated by pressing the key near the enter button. This is not to be confused with the backtick ` which is located in the upper left corner on at least US standard keyboards and I believe several other international keyboards.

Then there is the issue(s) with path endings as to whether there should be a slash or not at the end. But, if the catalog is functional, then the content from there should be able to be copied in part to the admin version. There are only a few defines in the admin configure.php file that have a different constant than the catalog side...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, issue not resolved. There are no debug files in the log dir.

I've checked the defines but don't know what is different between admin and store,,,

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); same for store and admin

DB_SERVER_USERNAME - both store and admin same
    DB_SERVER_PASSWORD - both store and admin same
    DB_DATABASE - both store and admin same

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', same for store and admin

so what is wrong?

Plugin Contributions

As @balihr indicated a couple of posts ago, there's a file named something like myDEBUG-adm-*.log in your store's /logs directory waiting patiently to let you know what's wrong.

If you post the contents of that file's information (xxx-ing out the name of your Zen Cart admin directory), someone can help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    As @balihr indicated a couple of posts ago, there's a file named something like myDEBUG-adm-*.log in your store's /logs directory waiting patiently to let you know what's wrong.

If you post the contents of that file's information (xxx-ing out the name of your Zen Cart admin directory), someone can help.
    The logs directory is empty

Plugin Contributions

Your version of Zen Cart is noted in definitions present in the site's /includes/version.php.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Your version of Zen Cart is noted in definitions present in the site's /includes/version.php.
    1.55a <---

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast