Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create Account Issue: White Page WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    I was able to remove all the site files from the Plugin: Extra Field On Customer Sign Up. This plugin was obviously the issue, as they were the database files showing in the error log. Besides, no longer using.
    Next, I did a search in Developers Toolkit for: customers_extrafield. No results came up, so I know my files were removed properly. My only issue now is how to remove the installed fields in my database. I then went to PHPmyAdmin and searched for: customers_extrafield and there were 8 instances. I dropped all those 8 tables (that were installed via SQL patch via the plugin file I pasted earlier). Did another search in PHP My Admin all instances are now gone.

I still get a blank page with the same error.

This is my new error log:
    Code:
    [28-Jan-2020 16:55:04 UTC] Request URI: /access42/sqlpatch.php?action=execute, IP address: 174.103.324.59
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/HIDDEN/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:171]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/HIDDEN/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:143]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/HIDDEN/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:270]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/HIDDEN/public_html/access42/sqlpatch.php:295]
    #5  executeSql() called at [/HIDDEN/public_html/access42/sqlpatch.php:739]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1227:Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation :: SET GLOBAL sql_mode = 'NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION'; ==> (as called by) /HIDDEN/public_html/access42/sqlpatch.php on line 295 <== in /HIDDEN/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.
    The permissions set for your database's user via your webhost's cPanel are insufficient.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create Account Issue: White Page WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the

The issue is solved! Carlwhat, This was the fix:
    Code:
    this error is because mariaDB's default is strict mode.  you can turn strict mode off.
    Somehow I overlooked that statement and was stumped. Lat9's latest post showing the Cpanel database user being insufficient sent me to my hosting control panel to check both. The host had to turn off strict mode, which fixed the problem, and the users can now create an account. Thank you all so much for your help, was really sweating this one!
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    The issue is solved! Carlwhat, This was the fix:
    Code:
    this error is because mariaDB's default is strict mode.  you can turn strict mode off.
    Somehow I overlooked that statement and was stumped. Lat9's latest post showing the Cpanel database user being insufficient sent me to my hosting control panel to check both. The host had to turn off strict mode, which fixed the problem, and the users can now create an account. Thank you all so much for your help, was really sweating this one!
    yes, i know that was the fix. that is why i said it! i have run into strict mode issues a few times in the past.

i rarely use the ZC sqlpatch page, as it looks like that page does not provide the results of the sql query you run... at least as far as i can tell...

i have integrated adminer into ALL my ZC implementations, which i find easier than using phpMyadmin and having more passwords to manage. i tried making that available as a plugin, but ran into a few problems that i was too lazy to address.... maybe i will try again.

in any event, i am glad that you got the problem resolved!

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Other than a success message, generally speaking results from queries run in 'Install SQL Patches' are not provided it seems for security reasons. Otherwise anyone that obtained access to the tool could run a select statement and retrieve anything in the database.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    yes, i know that was the fix. that is why i said it! i have run into strict mode issues a few times in the past.

i rarely use the ZC sqlpatch page, as it looks like that page does not provide the results of the sql query you run... at least as far as i can tell...

i have integrated adminer into ALL my ZC implementations, which i find easier than using phpMyadmin and having more passwords to manage. i tried making that available as a plugin, but ran into a few problems that i was too lazy to address.... maybe i will try again.

in any event, i am glad that you got the problem resolved!

best.
    As a distinction, turning off the server's SQL strict mode is a work-around for the issue, not the fix, as the database continues to hold those customers-table fields that are NOT NULL.

The issue will resurface the next time the site's webhost takes it upon themselves to do a database-server upgrade, re-enabling the SQL strict mode. The fix is to remove those no-longer used fields from the database, after inspecting the code to remove all references to those to-be-removed fields.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the information. I wish these plugins would all come with an unistall.sql (if they come with an install.sql). The plugin that started all this was and older version of: Extra Field On Customer Sign Up. I went into PHYMyAdmin and searched and dropped these fields: customers_extrafield, DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD, and EXTRAFIELD_REQUIRED baed upon the install.sql but I know just ripping filed out of the database directly is not the right solution (at least that is what I was told in the past). I know in the install.sql of this plugin what insert means, but then there are all these tables that seems to alter a few fields as well:

Code:
    ALTER TABLE customers ADD customers_extrafield varchar(32) NOT NULL AFTER customers_fax;
    ALTER TABLE customers ADD customers_extrafield2 varchar(32) NOT NULL AFTER customers_extrafield;
    ALTER TABLE customers ADD customers_extrafield3 varchar(32) NOT NULL AFTER customers_extrafield2;
    ALTER TABLE customers ADD customers_extrafield4 TEXT NOT NULL AFTER customers_extrafield3;
    These are altered so not sure if these changed important fields. Either way, I deleted the customers_extrafield so hope I didn't ruin these altered tables. and not sure if all the tables have been emptied because before turning off strict mode it was still broken.
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12