Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cant access product admin pages

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment; I'm glad it's working for you!

Ok, seriously. You have NO idea how helpful that actually turned out to be (or you probably do, being far more versed in php and zencart than I am).

When I mentioned the 9998 log files in my folder, apparently that is just the limit that FileZilla can handle. I have taken the "days to keep" config and brought it down from 150 to just 7 days, and it ended up clearing close to 60,000 (yes, sixty THOUSAND) logs over my many time resets. I have finally cleared out enough, that the log folder has actually started loading more and more recent errors.

Which brings me full circle to my original issue. I can access my product pages now, but if I make any changes and go to preview, I get "This page isn't working".

Error Logs give:

[06-Feb-2020 08:35:02 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined index: gID in /home/##########__/public_html/____/includes/init_includes/init_zen_lightbox.php on line 86
    [06-Feb-2020 08:35:02 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: new_version_available in /home/##########__/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 52
    [06-Feb-2020 08:35:02 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined index: gID in /home/##########__/public_html/____/includes/init_includes/init_zx_product_sorter.php on line 86
    [06-Feb-2020 08:35:02 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined index: gID in /home/##########__/public_html/____/includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php on line 365
    [06-Feb-2020 08:35:02 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined index: gID in /home/##########__/public_html/____/includes/init_includes/init_shipping_boxes_manager.php on line 80
    [06-Feb-2020 08:35:02 America/Phoenix] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function dirList() in /home/##########__/public_html/2018/product.php on line 90

[06-Feb-2020 08:35:02 America/Phoenix] Request URI: /____/product.php?cPath=25&product_type=1&pID=2450&action=new_product_preview&page=3&s earch=uni, IP address: ##########__
    --> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function dirList() in /home/##########__/public_html/____/product.php on line 90.

Plugin Contributions

plugins were not properly installed. the product admin page is calling a function
    Code:
    function dirList()
    which is not getting loaded. that function is not part of ZC which means it is part of a modification that someone did on your site. i have no idea which plugin defines that function, despite doing a quick look for it.

these undefined index problems are "probably" due to outdated plugins that need to be updated. tough to tell....

removing log files should not be your goal. addressing the problems that are generating the log files is your goal. having 60,000 log files is a sign of a site not well maintained. i would maintain it better.

good luck.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

The log files had to be removed, as the folder was so bloated, that our FTP client refused to load anymore in until it was cleared out.

There are a number of plugins that I know are either broken or outdated, (looking at you, Google Analytics) but the previous solution was apparently just to comment out or rename the files to be ignored, so I'm slowly going through and comparing with a fresh copy of the plugin to see what changes have been made. One thing gets fixed, and two more pop up.

Plugin Contributions

The dirList function was part of numinix' software (Numinix Product Fields at least).

As to clearing the logs directory from a mass deletion perspective, the entire folder could be deleted and then restored from a vanilla version of the software. This way the appropriate .htaccess and other associated files are put in place.

In some ways it may be easier to rebuild the software of the site and then compare the two to see where the differences are and as necessary incorporate whatever changes are needed. The rebuilt site could be in a sub-directory or on a local machine, wherever but leaving what operation is available ongoing. The same thing too is if it is only the admin directory that is having issues is that a second admin directory could be loaded to do the above rebuild...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The dirList function was part of numinix' software (Numinix Product Fields at least).
    That did it. There was one single NPF file that was lingering, as well as the bit of code that was added to product.php. Pulled up an older backup version of the file and used that to clean up the current.

The boss says it isn't in the budget to hire anyone to manage a full rebuild/upgrade any time soon, so we've got a virtual machine set up that we use to test out major changes, but that doesn't really help when we can't replicate a particular issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzoabar View Post
    That did it. There was one single NPF file that was lingering, as well as the bit of code that was added to product.php. Pulled up an older backup version of the file and used that to clean up the current.

The boss says it isn't in the budget to hire anyone to manage a full rebuild/upgrade any time soon, so we've got a virtual machine set up that we use to test out major changes, but that doesn't really help when we can't replicate a particular issue.
    Whether someone else is brought in or it is done in house, my discussion was centered around "big picture" ways to discover and/or correct the issue. Use of a file difference comparison program would make that easier rather than counting on myDebug files providing indication of those differences/repeatability.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12