Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zc156c/payeezyjszc: Payments.js Version 1 being sunsetted

Be careful of that Hosted Checkout process - I tried that first (before using the js version) and had a lot of trouble with customers never getting sent back. So they'd click again - and again - and again. Ended up having to do a fair handful of refunds and annoyed my customers in the process because they never got their product. The Payeezy developer support said it wasn't the first time he'd heard of that problem but he had no suggestions other than switch to using the js module. Now, that was about 2 years ago so it might work better now, but watch your admin and your Payeezy account carefully when you first enable it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adkinsdm View Post
    Be careful of that Hosted Checkout process - I tried that first (before using the js version) and had a lot of trouble with customers never getting sent back. So they'd click again - and again - and again. Ended up having to do a fair handful of refunds and annoyed my customers in the process because they never got their product. The Payeezy developer support said it wasn't the first time he'd heard of that problem but he had no suggestions other than switch to using the js module. Now, that was about 2 years ago so it might work better now, but watch your admin and your Payeezy account carefully when you first enable it.
    Thank you for the feedback. I used the js version from the start. It worked quite well until a couple of weeks ago, when an error come up if someone wanted to pay with a credit card. The payeezy customer service referred me to the ZenCart support to implement the new version. Since the new version is not supported by ZenCart, I am looking for a reliable. simple, affordable credit card processor. Fortunately PayPal is working, but I want to be able to offer the credit card option. I am looking into the SQUARE payment processor right now.
    Our New Zen cart: www.EmbroideryPortraits.com/Gifts/
    www.vodmochka.com/Embroidery_Designs
    All critics and suggestions are welcome!

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,
    I put together a version that will work with the new version of the PaymentsJS API. I extracted and tidies the results and put it into something that looks like a Zen Cart plugin. Any feedback no matter how small would be appreciated. Code reviews more than welcome:

https://github.com/ScotteSolutionsLtd/payeezyjsv2

Plugin Contributions

Hi Scott, thanks much for developing the Payeezy 2 module. I'm trying to install but the file:

/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/payeezyjsv2.php

is missing from github.

Also I am not clear on the directory where auth.php and webhook.php is to be installed. Do these go in the root of the zencart / top level directory?

Add the following line in your template's footer for pages that will have the credit card form:

require DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/payeezyjsv2/footer.inc';

What is the simplest way to identify these template file(s) that need this include? Sometimes it is confusing to navigate the zencart template structure without being intimately familiar with zencart.

Plugin Contributions

Hi fpbear,
    Sorry about the missing language file, that is now in the right place. I updated the github repo.

Yes auth.php and webhook.php go in the site root. Webhook.php will be the webhook you register with payeezy.

The lines in the footer.inc file need to load javascript in the footer of the pages that will have the credit card form. The file tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php is the most likely candidate for the include. Put the line to include the footer.inc file near the bottom of that file. Hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ElSlozzo View Post
    Hi fpbear,
    Sorry about the missing language file, that is now in the right place. I updated the github repo.

Yes auth.php and webhook.php go in the site root. Webhook.php will be the webhook you register with payeezy.

The lines in the footer.inc file need to load javascript in the footer of the pages that will have the credit card form. The file tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php is the most likely candidate for the include. Put the line to include the footer.inc file near the bottom of that file. Hope that helps.
    Thanks ElSlozzo. Since I already had a Payeezy merchant account for the DrByte Payeezy module, I updated the webhook field in the existing merchant settings on the Payeezy developer site (hopefully that is sufficient for their registration process). But when I enable the payeezyjsv2 module, the billing address (address contents) and payment method (entire box) disappears from checkout_payment step. When I disable payeezyjsv2, the checkout payment page looks normal again. I am using the themeforest Alto premium multipurpose responsive theme template. Could this be due to interaction between the payment module and template design? Does the payeezyjsv2 module contain page rendering elements? I included the line for footer.inc but that did not make a difference.

Plugin Contributions

The fields don't appear if their javascript isn't included. The fields are dependent on that JS being in the footer. That is the reason for the PHP include I put in the instructions.

One thing I'll have to add to the readme; check line #138 in the file `includes/modules/payment/payeezyjsv2/client.js`. The form I'm using here is `#checkout_confirmation` but yours may be different. If it is, edit the selector here and put in the one you're using.

As for their registration process, I had to call eventually after emailing [email protected] approximately 1100 times to get the account setup. I found that calling them is MUCH more productive, I probably won't ever email them again, just call.

In fact I setup a brand new gmail address because my emails to them kept bouncing back saying "User unknown".

They also have an online form to get the V2 processing setup: https://docs.firstdata.com/req/paymentjs so you could potentially start here however I found out after calling in (from 2 different people) that it doesn't even work.

Thanks for trying the module and I'll keep a closer eye on this thread in case you/anyone has more questions!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, still trying to make it work, I have 3 questions,

1. On our site the checkout sequence is:
    Step 2 of 3: index.php?main_page=checkout_payment
    Step 3 of 3: index.php?main_page=checkout_confirmation
    The billing address and payment method disappears on Step 2 of 3, checkout_payment, when the module is enabled. Do I still need to edit line #138?

2. I put this at the very end of template_checkout_payment_default.php:
    <?php require DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/payeezyjsv2/footer.inc'; ?>
    Is this the correct syntax to include the footer to allow the js to execute? That's what I put there originally.

3. We had previously registered a live merchant account that we were using with the DrByte Payeezy module. On the Payeezy developer site I noticed that there is a webhook field that was blank, so I simply updated this field to reflect the webhook address. Is this sufficient to transition over to v2 on their backend, or do we still have to go through a separate v2 processing setup? I remember how difficult it was to get them to do the setup properly the first time around, so trying to avoid having to involve their tech support people again, if we can re-use our existing live merchant configuration.

Plugin Contributions

Hi fpbear,
    On point 3 - ugh, I know. It is excessively painful. Hopefully if you get all setup what you can setup before involving them it'll be less painful. Yes, that is where you can add the webhook address but - you still have to call them and wait 1-3 business days to activate it :'( It won't work until they do it.

On point 1 - In theory yes, though I didn't test it, and thanks for reminding me I'm going to go back and update that.

If you change the return value of the in_special_checkout() function to false, around line #279 of payeezyjsv2.php, the payeezy payment form should show on step 2 before confirmation (step 3). But again this is untested and may require other alterations, such as changing the form name in the client.js file (line #138) and including the necessary javascript (using that line of PHP) in the step 2 template (checkout_payment).

When in_special_checkout() returns true which is the default, payment is captured on step 3. I had to roll with it this way because of them saying the API would be shut off soon and I needed it dealt with. Now I can go back and add the option to capture payment on step 2 or 3. Will post here when done.

On point 2 - Yes.

Plugin Contributions

Hi fpbear (or anyone using this module),
    I have updated the module on Github, however it will require some real world testing. You can now change what template the credit card form goes on, so you can have it on checkout_confirmation OR checkout_payment. Make sure you uninstall the old version first or the new one won't install properly. It can be uninstalled before or after uploading the files as the uninstall procedure is the same, but make sure you do it.

Download from Github; https://github.com/ScotteSolutionsLt...ive/master.zip

Github
    https://github.com/ScotteSolutionsLtd/payeezyjsv2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12