Plugin Contributions

Default Getting an error message when trying to view Mylink page

Hello, still very new at Zen Cart. I have been able to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.5.6c and had to used the classic responsive template as the old template was creating all sorts of errors with the php 7.2 version. I am almost at the finish line, before reinstalling the canada post module, But I have been trying to display the mylink content that was entered through the admin at the define pages editor and I cannot seem to get it to work. If I remove the link from ez-pages and paste the content there, there is no problem at all, but I really would like to be able to do this from the page editor.

I checked the log and this is what I have gotten as an error:

Code:
    [07-Feb-2020 10:17:05 America/New_York] Request URI: /shop/index.php?main_page=mylink, IP address: 156.34.242.95
    #1  require(/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/modules/pages/mylink/header_php.php) called at [/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/index.php:36]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant NAVBAR_TITLE - assumed 'NAVBAR_TITLE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/modules/pages/mylink/header_php.php on line 19.

[07-Feb-2020 10:17:05 America/New_York] Request URI: /shop/index.php?main_page=mylink, IP address: 156.34.242.95
    #1  require() called at [/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:171]
    #2  require(/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_mylink_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 171.

#1  require() called at [/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:171]
    #2  require(/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_mylink_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 171.

[07-Feb-2020 10:17:05 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_mylink_default.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php on line
    what do I need to do?

Thanks for your kind help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting an error message when trying to view Mylink page

Quote Originally Posted by ArtbyPatrick View Post
    Hello, still very new at Zen Cart. I have been able to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.5.6c and had to used the classic responsive template as the old template was creating all sorts of errors with the php 7.2 version. I am almost at the finish line, before reinstalling the canada post module, But I have been trying to display the mylink content that was entered through the admin at the define pages editor and I cannot seem to get it to work. If I remove the link from ez-pages and paste the content there, there is no problem at all, but I really would like to be able to do this from the page editor.

I checked the log and this is what I have gotten as an error:

Code:
    #1  require(/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/modules/pages/mylink/header_php.php) called at [/home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/index.php:36]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant NAVBAR_TITLE - assumed 'NAVBAR_TITLE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/modules/pages/mylink/header_php.php on line 19.

[07-Feb-2020 10:17:05 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_mylink_default.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/elmcityh/public_html/shop/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php on line
    what do I need to do?

Thanks for your kind help
    Notice the red highlighted line - this is our winner. It tells you that the required template file is missing. You probably had that file in your old template's directory and now that you've changed templates, the file is no longer there. See if you have includes/templates/YOUR_OLD_TEMPLATE_NAME/templates/tpl_mylink_default.php and copy that file to includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/ and you should be all set.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting an error message when trying to view Mylink page

figured this one out, I reinstalled the about us module