Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Remove Local Authority Box

Shopping cart shows estimated postage....can select Country from drop down list.
    1) How can I make United Kingdom the default Country?
    2) How can I remove the Local Authority text/box (only active for USA) - very confusing for other countries.

thanks

Name:  VM_Shipping.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  11.2 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Local Authority Box

A review of includes/functions/html_output.php at the function zen_get_country_list identifies the possibility for two initial countries to be at the top of the list, with comment about how to add additional to the top.

The first occurrence is if SHOW_CREATE_ACCOUNT_DEFAULT_COUNTRY isn't the same as STORE_COUNTRY then to add that to the top. The second option in that case would be the store's country. If they are the same, then the store's country would be at the top.

Now, as of ZC 1.5.6, although an initial install would ensure countries are assigned specific numbers, the upgrade process now adds (at least a few countries) without concern about what that number is and may even result in a country (again a few specific ones) being listed twice if that country had been manually added before to the expected position or some other and the expected position were already taken...

All that to say, if you wish some other country to be defaulted and done so by manually adding into the code at this position that the desired country code be identified through review/inspection of what is currently in the database as found in the localities->countries area. This can be seen by clicking on the country and then looking at the Web page address for the parameter cID=.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As to local authority... that is revised text and not in a default install, further, would recommend looking for any javascript errors in the console of the browser to see if something is preventing the hide/display feature of that while making selections...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that(!) Never really had to edit the database directly before.......will back it up and see how it goes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    As to local authority... that is revised text and not in a default install, further, would recommend looking for any javascript errors in the console of the browser to see if something is preventing the hide/display feature of that while making selections...
    Not sure where to look for javascript errors.......where is the browser console? where is the hide/display feature for that? thanks

Plugin Contributions

re COuntry at top....I see the code...and it gives example of Canada as Country No: 108....but I don't see that on any list. What would United Kingdom code be?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Not sure where to look for javascript errors.......where is the browser console? where is the hide/display feature for that? thanks
    On a pc, can press F12 to open up an area that should include some tab or location to see the javascript console. The hide/display feature would be expected to be javascript that would be expected to be found in the source window or similar tab that supports viewing the javascript itself.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    re COuntry at top....I see the code...and it gives example of Canada as Country No: 108....but I don't see that on any list. What would United Kingdom code be?
    Following the process I described, when I went to locations /Taxes->countries, then navigated the list to find United Kingdom and clicked on it, I was taken to:
    MY_ADMIN/countries.php&page=12&cID=222

So at least in the installation I'm using, the country code would be 222. I recommend either going to that address, or finding the value as applied to your site to ensure that 222 is in fact the country code recognized by your site...

Plugin Contributions

Following the process I described, when I went to locations /Taxes->countries, then navigated the list to find United Kingdom and clicked on it, I was taken to:
    MY_ADMIN/countries.php&page=12&cID=222

So at least in the installation I'm using, the country code would be 222. I recommend either going to that address, or finding the value as applied to your site to ensure that 222 is in fact the country code recognized by your site...
    How convulated is that???!!! Canada shows as &cID=38 whereas the code suggest 108
    I DO see UK as 222 but it doesn't seem to stack up to me....if the code says Canada is 108...(and that is wrong) then why should UK be correct??!!

Plugin Contributions

On a pc, can press F12 to open up an area that should include some tab or location to see the javascript console. The hide/display feature would be expected to be javascript that would be expected to be found in the source window or similar tab that supports viewing the javascript itself.
    will try over the weekend....thanks for your help and time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast