Plugin Contributions

Default Mentor me in contributing to the community?

Curious if anyone's interesting in mentoring through me contributing to the community?

My wife and I had our 2nd baby in December. My current *night* job's jerking me around on FMLA and the sitution's getting dire. I want to build up my resume for jumping from care-giving to web development. I'm interesting in learning Git/GitHub and will have to use it this semester for my Comp Sci degree (of which I'm about 2/3rds of the way through with)

Right now I've been messing w/ this "category inventory counts" script where I've been building out 2 columns of category data (how many active per cat vs. how many you'd have "in-store")

I made this cash drawer counter which sort of reconciles sales receipts with the "cash" payment module: https://github.com/wolfderby/zencart_drawer_counter

...this script probably could have been done from an object oriented paradigm... but I'm not experienced enough to make that call yet.

Anyway, I run a side job, brick n' mortar biz w/ zen-cart and have a bunch of custom hacks I've built over 10 years that I wouldn't mind trying to push to git or help w/ making into add-ons for the sake of a resume builder.

If anyone's interested reply to this or please contact me.

Thanks,
    b

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mentor me in contributing to the community?

Do you want the mentoring via the Zen Cart forums or via GitHub issues/suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps on Git? What's easier?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfderby View Post
    Perhaps on Git? What's easier?
    Probably GitHub. I'll see you there ...

Plugin Contributions

Clicked around in GitHub the other day. Didn't see anything immediately appealing, but hope to find something. Here's some stuff I've done on my own (primarily built for a resume): https://tinyurl.com/BrianBucksHackery If anything looks interesting to anyone an would like me to try to put it in a module beta form on GitHub let me know.

Plugin Contributions

I have a lot of logic around php of if(isset($_COOKIE['superAdminUser'])){
    //do cool admin privilege stuff on front-end/catalog side
    }
    ...it's probably not PCI compliant though, but I'm wondering if it ever could be.

I just finished modifying my front-end advanced search (results) to include things that have positive quantities regardless of status, then you can toggle a jquery "in-stock" "out of stock" (status) w/ a button on the product listing pages... it's pretty sweet.

Plugin Contributions

Lat9, w/ the above mentioned admin-browser-cookie-user-setting logic wraps around a front-end/catalog side hack I have to the "one-page-check-out" where I can mod prices before or after tax (if taxable), from the shopping cart screen, and it edits the total price on-screen w/ js. Next dev to my mod would be to set the final order price and change each product price on a weighted basis. I also added some post-date order logic, and change email address (for just that order) to the next/last page. (some js changes the email to in-house so the customer doesn't get confused by an email)

The change email address for just that order I've used for customers who don't want to provide enough info to create an account.