Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a plug-in that makes adding meta details easier or more straight forward it?

Hello,

Is there a plugin that makes adding Meta data easier ? Like on the same page as when you make a product listing ?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neJGRE4[1].jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	18844

The image I attached is an example of that.Its from word press , notice how the meta detail and how you enter them is on the same page ? Normally we make the product listing and then have to go back to each one and add the meta details. For a few products , this is fine. But when you have hundreds it gets very time consuming.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a plug-in that makes adding meta details easier or more straight forward

You are probably aware, but I'll mention it anyway:

For a site that has many, thousands, of products I rely on ZC's in-built processing of a product's metatags (admin > configuration > product info). I can automatically include (or not) a product's model, price and the first n-number of characters from the product description. I just make sure the description includes the relevant keywords/phrases I want to appear in the meta data.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a plug-in that makes adding meta details easier or more straight forward

But to answer your original query, I do not believe there is a plugin to do what you want. A thread starting with this post https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....89#post1296189 gives some useful info about meta tags. Perhaps using structured data markup together with the method I described above is the way to go.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

As suggested also in that thread and while not made to directly access from the product page, there is software that can be used off-line to load the data to the product. This allows ready copy/paste as well as eliminates concerns of timeout issues while editing the information (if a keep alive feature is not enabled).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The metatags fields should be in the edit product screen.

Yes they get forgotten...and now and again I have to export a chunk to a spreadsheet to check them over, then import them using DBIO:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Support-Thread
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

You could try 'Collect Info Through Tabs' which puts everything for one product on one page.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    You could try 'Collect Info Through Tabs' which puts everything for one product on one page.
    Better use the one from the downloads page then , as that one is stable

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post

For a site that has many, thousands, of products I rely on ZC's in-built processing of a product's metatags (admin > configuration > product info). I can automatically include (or not) a product's model, price and the first n-number of characters from the product description. I just make sure the description includes the relevant keywords/phrases I want to appear in the meta data.
    Thank you so much Simon , I actually did not know this. This should speed things up a good bit. Thank you very much. So sorry It took so long to reply back. I have been putting out fires elsewhere on my site.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g6hL7rr.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	18862

This page right ? Also should I assume then that This information is being auto added for me with those settings checked ? And no need to select the little meta tag button on the product pages in admin and enter it manually anymore ? (please say yes ) lol

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasonshanks View Post
    This page right ? Also should I assume then that This information is being auto added for me with those settings checked ? And no need to select the little meta tag button on the product pages in admin and enter it manually anymore ? (please say yes ) lol
    Yes, that's my understanding of how it works. You should of course check the view:source of your page to make sure the auto-generated meta tags are to your liking.

Also, I believe I'm right in saying that auto-generated meta tags are overwritten by any manually-added meta tags that you might already have.
    Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast