Plugin Contributions

Default Fresh Install Strange Results

Hi All,
    Just did a fresh install. 1.5.6c on PHP7.3. Nothing at all custom yet. During install, installer says Gzip not available and .htaccess not available. Both statements are false. Both gzip and htaccess work fine.

After install I get logs regarding missing defines and parameter must be array's. Disregarding these I switch to responsive classic template. Two categories sideboxes appear on the front end. Looking at layout box control in admin shows every sidebox twice.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fresh Install Strange Results

OK. Another install and perfect results. I did forget to mention that the first install did include an existing database. I guess I realize now why I'm getting the missing defines.. because i was getting that with zc1.5.5 on php7.1 too. duh, missing from db. Still though not sure about the sidebox issues. working on it now. may post back.

Thanks,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Resolved. Replaced layout boxes table in first db with copy of fresh table from second db. Problems solved.

Plugin Contributions

I have found SWGUY's Mod List Mod to be very helpful as a first install with an upgrade. I do make one adjustment mentioned in this thread before installing the mod.

Especially when changes to the previous version are not well documented, this will ferret out those items that you may have forgotten or didn't know about. It is NOT a catch-all, do-all but will surprise you in finding what IS there on the site.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, a piece of the puzzle seems to be missing.When said that were using a fresh install, that led me to think that everything was new: database and files. Now that it has been said that the database was carried over, but there is no description about how the update was performed and there seem to be database values missing, it makes me wonder if the zc_install process has been used to potentially incorporate those missing defines...The suggested upgrade process is: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

On the fresh install ( the real fresh install ;) ) I can not create a customer account. Just get session timed out. No logs. Everything else seems to be working. I have another site on the same server that I upgraded from 1.5.4 to 1.5.6 without issue.

Thank You,
    John

Plugin Contributions

SSL Apparently. Enabling SSL seems to have done the trick on the fresh install. On the upgrade that I'm working on changing to https fixed the create account issue, but I still can't log into an existing account. also can't log into the new account just created after logging off.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. So clearing browser cache and cookies didn't work, but a new private window did. i don't know... but, i'm good we're good. anyone else having this problem either use new private window or different browser.

13 Years using zen-cart and this has never come up before.

Best,
    John