Plugin Contributions

Default Remove space between options drop down menus

How can I remove the big gap space between the options drop down menus on a product listing? I tried editing the stylesheet.css on .wrapperAttribsOptions but only managed to move everything up and down but not the drop down boxes together Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove space between options drop down menus

A link to the site in question will help us help you. If you don't want Google to index that link, specify it in the format example(dot)com.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    A link to the site in question will help us help you. If you don't want Google to index that link, specify it in the format example(dot)com.
    Thank you, it's only one one product to test at the moment on this page:
    http://zindy-zone.dk/shop/index.php?...oducts_id=2915

Plugin Contributions

Add to the bottom of your site's stylesheet.css:

Code:
    #productAttributes { float: left; }
    #productAttributes+.addthis_toolbox { clear: both; }
    Last edited by lat9; 12 Feb 2020 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Need to also move the addthis block

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Add to the bottom of your site's stylesheet.css:

Code:
    #productAttributes { float: left; }
    #productAttributes+.addthis_toolbox { clear: both; }
    Thank you so much!!! Worked a treat, very much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

No problems, I'm happy to have helped.

Plugin Contributions

Welcome to the forum. This is The BEST Part of Zen Cart. You'll find more help here than most any other e-commerce forum. Don't hesitate to come here when you have questions. And, as you discovered, each site is different and the more info you give us - the better we can assist.

I have a few suggestions of things I have found in my years here with Zen Cart.

Sometimes it's the background of a photo that lessens the effect of the subject. The same can happen with the website. Things in the background can overshadow the beauty of the site.

First of all, as with the help lat9 gave, you'll be making many changes/tweaks to your site over the life of the site. Grab a copy of her Overrides Chart and keep it handy when making changes to your site. It's an invaluable tool in knowing where to place changes to your site in order to assist later when upgrading to a newer version.

Speaking of placing changes, someone else on the forum started a method I've found immensely helpful in tracking CSS changes such as the one you made. If you create a file called stylesheet_zcustom.css in your css folder, you can place your changes there and not have to hunt them down or lose them later. Just an extra helpful step.

lat9 has the honor of most-used mods on many of our sites. There are many like her who contribute to the community as well.

For all our sites, we add a mod from swguy that keeps track of the mods we've installed. We do make a minor change to the mod to align its layout with the admin menu.

After picking a template, are first thing after installing it is to make a clone of it with lat9s' clone a template mod. That way we've got a fall-back AND a comparison for any future changes.

With that, we start looking to the background/backdrop of the site. Not really the colors, but the makeup of the site. Is it secure (SSL)? Can I get to the site in more than one way (301 redirect)? Can my customers shop on their phone (responsive template)? Am I sure I know what the customer ordered (Attributes Controller)? Does the browser really know what I'm trying to say (site validation both css and html)?

While your work is impressive, the five questions above need to be addressed before anything else to build a solid foundation for your endeavors.

1. 1. SSL -- You apparently have none or it is not installed. Priority one is a secure site. Some browsers will not open your site and inform the user that the site is not secure. Many hosts provide an SSL cert with their hosting. Be sure to note whether the SSL is for a www.yoursite.com or just yoursite.com. Important and helps with number 2.
    2. 2. If your site can be reached by both www and non-www, Google will penalize you for duplicate content. With the addition of SSL, we now add the choice of http:// or https://. We now have four ways to get to your data. A 301 direct can be done several ways but, the result should be that all four choices redirect to only one location. Most generally today, that would be https://yoursite.com. Numbers one and two should be started with your host and finished in your two configure.php files following the SSL FAQ.
    3. Your template is not showing well on a mobile phone. In today's mobile-intensive environment, this is crucial to every e-commerce site owner. I think you may find that cloning the installed respsonsive_classic template, applying the Color Change mod, and adjusting the colors to suit you will be the quickest way to achieving this goal. It will also revert your site back to a better use of html tags. Google likes to see h1, h2, h3, h4, etc. properly nested in a site. Yours does not currently do that.
    4. This comes from one who made all the mistakes that led to the current knowledge. Sort orders and lack of requiring a response are the two things that came back to haunt me many times.

• I learned to use sort order in values of 10. 0. 10, 20, 30, etc. Using 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. just means that something WILL come along that needs to be in the 3 slot. With the tens steps, an add between 20 and thirty is easy without having to renumber all the sort orders after the addition.
    • For a drop down selection of the attributes, we always make 0 a "Please Select" that is not really a selection but forces the customer to make a selection. You can see an example here. It shows a requirement on both a selection and an inscription.

5. Finally, in this discussion, is the validation of your site. CSS is fine but HTML can use some work.
    • The use of & in your titles and descriptions confuses the browser. Consider & as a better choice.
    • Add a language define to your meta tags to let the browser know what it is looking at. Eleven different currency choices get them confused as to the language of the site. If you later decide to have multiple languages, this will still help ranking.
    • Several of your added images are lacking an alt tag. Search engines are blind. The alt tag tells the SE what the image is about. Helps them help the customer find you.
    • In your striving to make some of the links "friendly" (much debate about the benefits of this), you have created main-page URLs with underscores in them. latest_news.html is one. SEs don't like these as the underscore often gets misinterpreted as a space when read by the user.

Don't want to overwhelm you or infer anything other than a really nice site and product. Just wanted to take a little time to help with the foundation of your site.

When you have further questions, use Google to search with the addition of Zen Cart on your item. That will get you more choices than the forum's search. If still not found, find a thread for the mod or problem and enter your question there. If you don't find anything, open a new thread and give us as many of the posting tip answers as you can. It helps us help you.

Best of luck with your site.