Plugin Contributions

red flag Disable Option Value

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Is there a way to disable option values from the admin on the Admin Attributes Controller Area without deleting the option values from the product to save re-entering the option values at a later date?

I've attached a screenshot to make it clearerName:  Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 06.48.17.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  59.1 KB
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disable Option Value

Not by default. You could write some custom code to do that. Or you can use the stock by attributes module. Thi lets you assign a quantity of 0 to (combination of ) attributes, making it unavailable.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Not by default. You could write some custom code to do that. Or you can use the stock by attributes module. Thi lets you assign a quantity of 0 to (combination of ) attributes, making it unavailable.
    Could be handy to have though in a future release. Just a tickbox that is ticked by default so the attribute is on, until unticked.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    Could be handy to have though in a future release. Just a tickbox that is ticked by default so the attribute is on, until unticked.
    Could envision that if this was a feature to be added, that then there would be a date associated with its availability or two (when to start seeing it and when to stop)... As suggested, custom code could be written to incorporate this into the attributes controller and then in includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php or an observer or two to control/adjust flow of the display.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Could envision that if this was a feature to be added, that then there would be a date associated with its availability or two (when to start seeing it and when to stop)... As suggested, custom code could be written to incorporate this into the attributes controller and then in includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php or an observer or two to control/adjust flow of the display.
    Yes that could be handy as well, having a date field for when the option value enables, and when it disables. Even better if somehow you could set specific dates for 52 weeks of the year or 12 months. That could also be utilised as a different way of making special offers.

I'd probably need some help making it into a mod though if any of you fancy tackling it.

I mean for big shops this would save loads of time. As in my case, my shop will be selling print, but there are specific types of print items which have option values I may only want to offer at certain times, or on an as and when available basis on my terms. The only way I can do that at the moment is to duplicate the original product with all its attributes options values, and delete the ones I don't want on the duplicate product. And disabling the original product as well. Which is not a very clean way of having to work.