Thread: Reviews

Plugin Contributions

red flag Reviews

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

When customers leave a review the product review has the same meta title tag as the actual product, apart from it having 'Reviews:' before the meta title.

This can lead to lots of duplicate Meta Titles for product reviews and also Meta Titles that are too long. Which can have an impact on search rank.

However, I realise that google likes reviews so the impact might not be so severe.

I was wondering though, does anybody know a way to have every product review with a different title tag?
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews

Changing the title to a different one would be hurting you instead of helping you. The way I see it either you lose rank because the phrase match is wrong for the product (reviews are connected to the product) or Google thinks you're spamming because what you are suggesting does nothing helpful for consumers in fact it hinders them.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Changing the title to a different one would be hurting you instead of helping you. The way I see it either you lose rank because the phrase match is wrong for the product (reviews are connected to the product) or Google thinks you're spamming because what you are suggesting does nothing helpful for consumers in fact it hinders them.

~Melanie
    Ok, good point
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk