Plugin Contributions

Default Hundreds of thousands of MYdebug logs

ZC V1.5.6c (upgraded from 1.5.4 possibly)
    PHP 7.3

I help a client with topiary-gardens.com/store I was not comfortable upgrading ZC for her so she hired someone else to do it. Even since the upgrade, thousands upon thousands of MYdebug logs have been created and accumulate at an alarming rate. I suspect it is because the upgrade was not done properly and based on what I see in the log, it appears it has to do with sideboxes and templates. The site seems to operate properly but there were over 200,000 MYdebug error logs in the store/logs directory that have accumulated since November 2019.

I'm not quite sure how to proceed to fix this. I'm hoping someone can provide a path for me. I was going to download ZC 1.5.6c again on my computer and simply compare then edit and replace the files on the server that are seemingly throwing the error. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Here is an example log:

[19-Feb-2020 13:14:13 America/New_York] Request URI: /store/index.php?cPath=7_17&main_page=product_info&products_id=376, IP address: 46.229.168.135
    #1 require(/usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_search.php) called at [/usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/includes/modules/sideboxes/search.php:12]
    #2 require(/usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/includes/modules/sideboxes/search.php) called at [/usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/includes/modules/column_left.php:31]
    #3 require(/usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/includes/modules/column_left.php) called at [/usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php:103]
    #4 require(/usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT - assumed 'SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/www/users/xxxxxx/store/includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_search.php on line 17.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hundreds of thousands of MYdebug logs

This has been solved by swguy in my other thread https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....logs-directory

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hundreds of thousands of MYdebug logs

Quick note on large number of Debug Logs:
    DO NOT attempt to delete them in your FTP client. It will take forever.
    Instead, login to CPanel, go to File Manager, and delete the folder.
    Next, from a fresh download of Zen Cart 1.5.6, upload the logs folder. (Don't just create a new folder - you want the .htaccess and index files from the logs folder of Zen Cart).
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.