Plugin Contributions

Default Admin - Orders page - Righthand infobox- Customers comments not showing though they e

Admin - Orders page - Righthand infobox- Customers comments not showing though they exist and can be seen when you go into the details of that specific order but not in the Infobox as shown in the image!

I could be wrong but I thought this was supposed to show any customer comments, Red Box in the image, they may have entered about their orders

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Customer Infobox.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	18860

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin - Orders page - Righthand infobox- Customers comments not showing though th

It would really help to know information that is missing from the above that is asked/discussed in the posting tips...

For starters, what Zen Cart version and then please fill in the blanks associated to the remainder of items.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin - Orders page - Righthand infobox- Customers comments not showing though th

I haven't seen comment actually being shown in that spot in a very long time. I am not even sure what version it might have been that showed the order comments in that spot.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

ok, digging back as far as I can in my archives it seems ZC stock has never actually shown the comments in that location. The Word "comments" showing up there is an indicator that there are comments on the order, and not necessarily comments from the customer when they placed the order. It will show even when there are comments added automatically by a payment method. I tested an order that had no comments, either by the customer (me) or automatically added comments and the word comments disappears from the infobox which lines up with the code, with that code being pretty much the same all the way back to ZC v1.2.6

Code:
                        // indicate if comments exist
                        $orders_history_query = $db->Execute("SELECT orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments
                                                              FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . "
                                                              WHERE orders_id = " . (int)$oInfo->orders_id . "
                                                              AND comments != ''");

if ($orders_history_query->RecordCount() > 0) {
                          $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS);
                        }
    So my remembering seeing comments there must have been on a site I worked on that was customized.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I actually thought about me not leaving the Version of Zen cart on the way home today from work but we are looking at Version 155f of Zencart.

And this actually has nothing to do with it showing whether comments are left or not as here is a screen shot of one that no comments were left by the customer and it as I would expect it to be! Showing no comments.

Name:	No Coomments.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	18869

And this is one that actually has comments left by the customer but again you see nothing on the order page under the Comments section.

Name:	No Comment 2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	18870

So the first one has no comments by the customer and the second one does have comments by the customer but they both show the same thing under the commens area of their orders page.

I also understand that it could have been some time since it was shown but what I am asking is what would I need to do to get it corrected so that it shows the Customers comments in the Comments Section of the Order page if they actually left a Comment for that order??

Plugin Contributions

If the system itself adds comments it makes no sense to show those but if a Customer leaves a Comment it would be great to see those on the Order page.

But that is just my opinion.
    I even feel that if we could get it to pop up the comment for a specific order just by clicking on the CUstomer Comments indicator (little yellow square) if a small popup window would come up showing the customers comments it would be great!

But again that is just my opinion thinking why click on any more than you would need too just to view a comment.

If I knew how to code it I would!!

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 3.17.11 PM.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	18871

Plugin Contributions

It would even be great that if I hove over one of the yellow squares it will show - Customer comments - YES but it would be better if it showed the actual comment as I know the customer left a comment because it shows me the Yellow square indicating "The customer has left a comment"!

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 3.45.11 PM.png
Views: 50
Size:  10.8 KB

Plugin Contributions

I think that one of the issues is that even though Zen Cart allows the Customers to leave a Comment to an order it does not flag or store is as a Customer Comment but like you said it stores it as just an Order Comment. So I guess the first thing would be to save a Customer Comment in the Order_Status_History section of the database, in a new column called Customer_Comments, after the comments column and store actual Customer Comments in that column for each Order

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 4.09.19 PM.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	18873

Plugin Contributions

But I know it knows that their is a Customer comment and not just a Comment on the order because if it did not differentiate in them then every order in this column would have the Yellow Sqaures and not just the ones with the actual customer comments! I know cart generated comments exist as well as comments I have added to the order myself at the bottom of theg actual Order page in admin fo a specific order

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 3.17.11 PM.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	18874