Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Super Data 1.1.8 help , google search is now spitting out snippets warnings

Hello,

First off I just wanted to say , i had this plugin installed for the longest ( since the author released the last version ) and could never figure out how to get it working. Since I am finally getting serious with my ZC , I got it done. Turns out I never renamed the template folder from the default ( your_templete) name DOh!

https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator seems to be showing my site correctly (www.missingcord.com) correctly. It would spit out errors about structured data cards missing before I fixed the plugin install.

That brings us to this morning. In my google search console I got 3 warnings and a notice that google has detected structured data.

"to the owner of https://www.missingcord.com/:

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 2 Breadcrumbs issues:

Top Errors

Errors can prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results. The following errors were found on your site:

Either "name" or "item.name" should be specified

Missing field "position"

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.
    "

follow by

"To the owner of https://www.missingcord.com/:

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 1 Review snippets issues:

Top Errors

Errors can prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results. The following errors were found on your site:

Value in property "reviewCount" must be positive

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.
    "

and finally

" To the owner of https://www.missingcord.com/:

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 2 Breadcrumbs issues:

Top Errors

Either "name" or "item.name" should be specified

Missing field "position"

"

How do i fix this ? I did everything the readme said to do this time. I do not see any of the fields in the super data menu for admin with those options. Please help me. I am really stoked about this plugin , just from adding it my ranking improved a little bit.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super Data 1.1.8 help , google search is now spitting out snippets warnings

looks like i missed one of the 3 warnings , sorry about that. The last one was

"To the owner of https://www.missingcord.com/:

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 3 Products issues:

Top Errors

Value in property "reviewCount" must be positive

Top Warnings

Warnings are suggestions for improvement. Some warnings can affect your appearance on Search; some might be reclassified as errors in the future. The following warnings were found on your site:

Missing field "review"

Missing field "brand"

"

I see the instructions for https://pro-webs.net/blog/2012/09/25...-org-microdata but no idea how to add brand or review.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super Data 1.1.8 help , google search is now spitting out snippets warnings

I am guessing this is the fix for the "name "

"Using the identifier for your product’s name.

In includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

Locate your product name

<h1 id=”productName”><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1>

Now wrap it in the property name tag

<h1 id=”productName”><span itemprop=”name“><?php echo $products_name; ?></span></h1>"

And this is the one for brand

" Using the identifier for your product’s brand/manufacturer.

Locate the manufacturer’s function

<?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? ‘<li>’ . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . ‘</li>’ : ”) . “\n”; ?>

now you will wrap it in either the brand or manufacturer property tag, whichever is most appropriate for your cart

<?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? ‘<li>’ . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . ‘<span itemprop=”brand”>’ . $manufacturers_name . ‘</span></li>’ : ”) . “\n”; ?>"

But "review" is confusing. I don't see steps for it anywhere.

Plugin Contributions

Going to remove super data for now , google is starting to spew out missing warnings for the data missing above and I don't want to hurt my ranking. Will try it on a test site first.

Plugin Contributions

Use a version that is up to date:
    https://github.com/torvista/zen-cart_Structured-Data
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

oh!! thank you for this . going to install this today. I didn't even know it was a newer version.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    I installed it and am not getting any structured data showing for my links using the twitter card validator and google structured data tester. Google now says Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NlWimBQ.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	18863

Plugin Contributions

I ran uploaded installation sql via the install SQL Patches in tools. I got the green go ahead about the 5 things. I then installed the renamed admin folder. I checked to make sure the menu was working in admin for super data. I see it and enabled it. I then uploaded the renamed folder for includes for my templet. Am i missing something here ? I am using 1.5.5f and php 5.6. I did everything the github install notes said to do. I even took note of the instructions for using the included uninstall sql to remove any traces of the old super data BEFORE the install.

Plugin Contributions

I have 4 warnings after filling out everything from the admin for super data.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riUwyOb.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	18864

And the same 2 errors from above.

Name:	X6lJPgh.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	18865

Plugin Contributions

after entering everything It asked for in the admin ( that ) i had. The following URL

https://www.missingcord.com/power-ca...-is-033-e55943

Shows up like this in the twitter card validator

Name:	927AkxO.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	18866

Its saying the card was loaded correctly. But the google structured data tester still spits out those 4 warnings and 2 errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast