Plugin Contributions

Default v156 - Admin - Customers - Orders - Edit orders Button only shows details

Site is a test site on our server that we do all testing on. PHP Version 7.0.33

Fresh install of v156 - Admin - Customers - Orders - Edit orders Button only shows details

We are testing a Fresh New Install of v156 Zen Cart with No addons or plugings

We created an order as a customer as well as ad categories and products. if we go to the Admin / Customers / Orders page on the right hand side we no longer see the wod Details on the buttons but we do see the word EDIT. If we click on the EDIT button it does the exact same thing as the 155f version Details button does and it does not allow you to edit an order!

Is there a working plugin to repair this in v156C as well as allow you to edit orders for v156C That actually functions?

Name:  Edit Order.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  82.8 KB
    Last edited by drm1963; 24 Feb 2020 at 04:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v156 - Admin - Customers - Orders - Edit orders Button only shows details

Since it's a fresh install of zc156c, you'll need to install the Edit Orders plugin (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1513) to edit those orders.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v156 - Admin - Customers - Orders - Edit orders Button only shows details

Yeah, it's kinda misleading, the default button should be Details not Edit since you really can't do much editing to an order with default zen cart. I personally have changed the buttons after installing the edit orders module to get rid of the "Details/old edit" button, and added a few things from the order details page that are missing in edit orders page. So now, edit orders page is the default order page in my admin, no need for the original one at all, edit orders does it all and so much more. Should be a core change since everyone needs to be able to truly edit an order no matter what you are selling.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda misleading, the default button should be Details not Edit since you really can't do much editing to an order with default zen cart. I personally have changed the buttons after installing the edit orders module to get rid of the "Details/old edit" button, and added a few things from the order details page that are missing in edit orders page. So now, edit orders page is the default order page in my admin, no need for the original one at all, edit orders does it all and so much more. Should be a core change since everyone needs to be able to truly edit an order no matter what you are selling.
    That may well all be helpful, but if I wanted to offer someone access to the admin so that they could review orders only, without the detail type page and with edit order access, they could modify the order without control or limitation...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    That may well all be helpful, but if I wanted to offer someone access to the admin so that they could review orders only, without the detail type page and with edit order access, they could modify the order without control or limitation...
    Fair point. But I guess just a simple change to make the button say Details instead of Edit would stop any confusion.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Since it's a fresh install of zc156c, you'll need to install the Edit Orders plugin (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1513) to edit those orders.
    Thank you for your reply:

Yeah I understand what I need to do to actually edit the orders but there will be plenty that do not understand and then they will be missing the DETAILS button they are used to seeing also>>
    Last edited by drm1963; 25 Feb 2020 at 05:36 PM.