Plugin Contributions

Default PHP error after upgrading

I just took over a website that is using ZenCart. They had an older version of ZenCart, I believe it was 1.5.1. I following the upgrade instructions, and copying the files over all work without issue. When I go to the install directory I get the following error "Sorry, requires minimum PHP 5.5". I adding a php file to verify what version of php is installed, and it shows 5.6.30 is installed. What could be causing this issue, and how can I resolve it?

Thank you

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP error after upgrading

It is a direct result of the constant PHP_VERSION_ID or later PHP_VERSION being a value lower than required.

So what was this file that was used?

Might suggest creating a file with the following content:

Code:
    <?php
    echo 'PHP_VERSION_ID: ' . PHP_VERSION_ID . "<br>";
    echo 'PHP_VERSION: ' . PHP_VERSION . "<br>";
    echo phpinfo();
    And report two parts: the result of the first two lines and then the php version reported in the area below that.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 25 Feb 2020 at 02:04 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

the code:
    <?php
    echo phpinfo();
    ?>
    shows:
    PHP_VERSION_ID: 50630
    PHP_VERSION: 5.6.30

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It is a direct result of the constant PHP_VERSION_ID or later PHP_VERSION being a value lower than required.

So what was this file that was used?

Might suggest creating a file with the following content:

Code:
    <?php
    echo phpinfo();
    And report two parts: the result of the first two lines and then the php version reported in the area below that.

Plugin Contributions

Where in the folder structure of the cart was the above file placed?

If it were placed say in the directory for the catalog or in the zc_install directory, then the installer shouldn't be reporting that the php version is too low.

Assumption also is that the message about the php version is/was received upon accessing the installer and is the only content pushed to the screen. Is that correct?

Plugin Contributions

The php version check file that i created from the code specified was placed in the root of the website. ex: website.com/checkphp.php

As for the second question, the message comes up when I go to"https://website.com/zc_install/index.php", I went to this page after I uploaded the new zencart to the site.

Where in the folder structure of the cart was the above file placed?

If it were placed say in the directory for the catalog or in the zc_install directory, then the installer shouldn't be reporting that the php version is too low.

Assumption also is that the message about the php version is/was received upon accessing the installer and is the only content pushed to the screen. Is that correct?

Plugin Contributions

I just tried to go to the install page again, and now I am receiving error: "PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on boolean in PAth\zc_install\includes\classes\class.systemChecker.php on line 616"

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joem83 View Post
    I just tried to go to the install page again, and now I am receiving error: "PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on boolean in PAth\zc_install\includes\classes\class.systemChecker.php on line 616"
    Said in the OP that overwrote files (in accordance to one of the install instructions), when doing so for zc_install, was it an overwrite or brand new directory only containing the files from the fresh install?

Also, what specific version of Zen Cart is being installed? Information pertinent to this can be found in the catalog directory at: includes/version.php

Plugin Contributions

I am installing v1.5.6c as an upgrade [should be overwriting what is there]. I have done this for a few others and have not had any issues. Thanks for any info

Said in the OP that overwrote files (in accordance to one of the install instructions), when doing so for zc_install, was it an overwrite or brand new directory only containing the files from the fresh install?

Also, what specific version of Zen Cart is being installed? Information pertinent to this can be found in the catalog directory at: includes/version.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joem83 View Post
    I am installing v1.5.6c as an upgrade [should be overwriting what is there]. I have done this for a few others and have not had any issues. Thanks for any info
    Well, there are potential problems with simply overwriting files if in some cases extra files that were there from a previous version or add-ins are still present; however, with regards to the zc_install directory, it should not have existed as part of the previous site and this upload would have placed it into its own, new directory. The next thing though is that the constant DIR_FS_ROOT is defined in index.php as being the parent directory of where the file is run which is where the store basically should "begin".

Is there an .htaccess file in the store root? If so, what are the contents? Also, have you perhaps tried to reverify the upload of the files to the zc_install directory?

For some reason too, I remember someone having a similar issue, though I can't recall why.

Is the server a Linux server or windows if you happen to know.

Plugin Contributions

Yes there is an .htaccess file in the root. The file in empty. I used FileZilla to upload the files, the files appear to be correct.
    This is a Windows Server. I have upgraded a few other zencarts that were on Windows Server without issues.

Well, there are potential problems with simply overwriting files if in some cases extra files that were there from a previous version or add-ins are still present; however, with regards to the zc_install directory, it should not have existed as part of the previous site and this upload would have placed it into its own, new directory. The next thing though is that the constant DIR_FS_ROOT is defined in index.php as being the parent directory of where the file is run which is where the store basically should "begin".

Is there an .htaccess file in the store root? If so, what are the contents? Also, have you perhaps tried to reverify the upload of the files to the zc_install directory?

For some reason too, I remember someone having a similar issue, though I can't recall why.

Is the server a Linux server or windows if you happen to know.