Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Setting up a "Request Form"

One of our employees is a photographer, and we are going to start selling prints of her "Stock" city photos as part of our art-prints service. We already have a good selection available, but we want to offer customers a "Requests" form for specific locations and such. I was wanting to use the email submission form from the Contact Us page, but it's set as an internal link, and isn't an EZ-page or loose php file. Where would I find the code for that to copy into the new EZ-page, or is there another, better option that would work for this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting up a "Request Form"

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzoabar View Post
    One of our employees is a photographer, and we are going to start selling prints of her "Stock" city photos as part of our art-prints service. We already have a good selection available, but we want to offer customers a "Requests" form for specific locations and such. I was wanting to use the email submission form from the Contact Us page, but it's set as an internal link, and isn't an EZ-page or loose php file. Where would I find the code for that to copy into the new EZ-page, or is there another, better option that would work for this?
    I have two request pages setup on my site, both are based on the zencart_get_quote mod. Good starting point, not based on EZ-page.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    I have two request pages setup on my site, both are based on the zencart_get_quote mod. Good starting point, not based on EZ-page.
    I think I'm a bit confused... I see it in the define pages editor now, and it SOUNDS like it should work, but I have no idea where that file is pointing to or how to see it on the front end, to know what needs to be edited...

Plugin Contributions

I think I'm a bit confused... I see it in the define pages editor now, and it SOUNDS like it should work, but I have no idea where that file is pointing to or how to see it on the front end, to know what needs to be edited...
    The defines are information you wish to place on top of the page.. the link to the page needs to be inserted somewhere you wish to advertise it. Such as I did on my home page with a banner image.. it's defined within the home page define.. You can create a banner and add the link to the banner manager and run in any of the banner sections.. even add it to a EZ-page link..

The link is simply a url link as YOUR_URL/index.php?main_page=get_quote

I know the readme is a bit lacking in info and so is the form, which is why I suggested looking at my use of it.. the info gathered by the form is emailed to the shop same as the contact us form.. You can have them emailed to someone else too..
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I'm seeing the page now. When I loaded it in yesterday and went to that link, it just came back saying "page not found".

Now I just need to figure out how to fix the page layout. I assume it's because it's not playing nice with our template.

https://www.athensartandframe.com/in...page=get_quote

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I'm seeing the page now. When I loaded it in yesterday and went to that link, it just came back saying "page not found".

Now I just need to figure out how to fix the page layout. I assume it's because it's not playing nice with our template.
    You just need to add some breaks to the form. Just a screen size thing...
    Code:
        <div id="contact-col-left" class="back">

<label class="inputLabel" for="contactname"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?> <?php echo '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL . '</span>'; ?></label>
            <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('contactname', $name, ' size="40" id="contactname"'); ?>
            <br class="clearBoth" />
            <label class="inputLabel" for="email-address"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?> <?php echo '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL . '</span>'; ?></label>
            <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('email', ($email_address), ' size="40" id="email-address"'); ?>
             <br class="clearBoth" />
            <label class="inputLabel" for="subject" ><?php echo ENTRY_SUBJECT; ?> <?php echo '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL . '</span>'; ?></label>
            <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('subject', ($email_subject), ' size="40" id="subject"'); ?>

</div>
    Someone pointed out that chrome had issues and to use div tag instead of br... I have Chromium which doesn't have that problem so I'm unable to test.
    Code:
    <div class="clearBoth"></div>
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I've got that looking more or less the way I want. Now my issue is whenever I try to submit a test email, it sends me to "page not found".

I also want to get rid of the "upload file" box, but that's less important.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I've got that looking more or less the way I want. Now my issue is whenever I try to submit a test email, it sends me to "page not found".

I also want to get rid of the "upload file" box, but that's less important.

I should add, the page is not "broken" or failing to load, and nothing is showing up in the logs. I just hit Submit, and it takes me to the stock 404 page not found.

Plugin Contributions

I should add, the page is not "broken" or failing to load, and nothing is showing up in the logs. I just hit Submit, and it takes me to the stock 404 page not found.
    Looking at your page source the form is pointing at define_get_quote and not get_quote right there you would fail submitting the form. the zen ID is also inserted in the draw from link and also as a hidden field which does not match each other so again, the form would fail. I would compare the mod to your files, you may have some things crossed up.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Looking at your page source the form is pointing at define_get_quote and not get_quote right there you would fail submitting the form. the zen ID is also inserted in the draw from link and also as a hidden field which does not match each other so again, the form would fail. I would compare the mod to your files, you may have some things crossed up.
    So specifically what file should I be looking at? I just did a fresh upload of the mod, no changes except to the YOUR_TEMPLATE folder names and I'm getting the exact same results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast