Plugin Contributions

Default Problem in displaying HST in Hosted Paypage emailed response/receipt, using ZenCart

Hello,

We're using ZenCart ( v1.5.5e) with a Moneris hosted paypage: https://crscom.apps01.yorku.ca/ec/in...ain_page=index. I am having difficulties in displaying the HST charges on the Moneris Hosted Paypage response/receipt (attached). The HST is being correctly charged, but the amount doesn’t display in the item details. In ZenCart, the HST is correctly calculated and displayed, but when the purchaser clicks on the “Confirm the order” link and is directed to the Moneris pay page, the HST amount disappears (attached). I don’t know if this is a problem at the Moneris end, or the ZenCart end. I tried looking at https://developer.moneris.com and found some coding, but have no idea where it’s supposed to go. Unfortunately, we no longer have a technical support person to assist us, so I was hoping you might be able to provide some advice/instructions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRS ZenCart Order page2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	18888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRS_Moneris pay page2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	18889

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem in displaying HST in Hosted Paypage emailed response/receipt, using ZenCa

If I may suggest, if you are looking for open support on this, providing ever more specific references (links such as to the code section described as found, to the module, guidance/instruction for integration, etc...) might help speed up a solution being found. As always, not having code experience should not significantly delay finding a solution. If homework has been done, sharing the sources of what has been found can help you get the answer(s) needed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem in displaying HST in Hosted Paypage emailed response/receipt, using ZenCa

Thanks - the coding can be found here: https://developer.moneris.com/Docume...Payment%20Page

<!--The code below will set the cust_id, order_id, and the lang as well as add gst, pst, hst and shipping cost details for display in the receipt.-->

<input type="hidden" name="cust_id" VALUE="invoice: 123456-12-1">

<input type="hidden" name="order_id" VALUE="oid43333">

<input type="hidden" name="lang" VALUE="fr-ca">

<input type="hidden" name="gst" VALUE="0.80">

<input type="hidden" name="pst" VALUE="0.70">

<input type="hidden" name="hst" VALUE="1.50">

<input type="hidden" name="shipping_cost" VALUE="4.99">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="eci" VALUE="1">

Plugin Contributions

While I'm not familiar with the Moneris payment plugin for Zen Cart, it does look to be entirely on Moneris's end. I would pose the same question and screenshots above to Moneris support.

Obviously after you've checked that the plugin is sending and receiving what it is supposed to, which sounds like it is since final charges are all correct.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ElSlozzo View Post
    While I'm not familiar with the Moneris payment plugin for Zen Cart, it does look to be entirely on Moneris's end. I would pose the same question and screenshots above to Moneris support.

Obviously after you've checked that the plugin is sending and receiving what it is supposed to, which sounds like it is since final charges are all correct.
    I did speak to their IT support and they pushed me back to the ZenCart community...sigh.

Plugin Contributions

In my experience that's not an uncommon response from a payment provider's integration team.

Searching now for Moneris plugins for Zen Cart, neither 2 that show up are newer than 2013. Maybe their API has changed. Someone else using the plugin [and who charges HST] would have to comment.

If you can dump all the data back and forth with Moneris during a transaction into a log, and can verify it all as correct against their API documentation, then you'd have a legit case to escalate which is usually what you have to do to get anyone to look at it. I'd also crank up log levels in whatever else you're using to process a transaction to look for clues; eg. PHP, web server, browser(?)

I'm going through a thing with a payment provider too and it's gotten to the point of reaching out to our bank rep. They forced everyone to change the API they're using and are shutting the old one off next week. I've built my own Zen Cart payment plugin but can't test it because nobody from their team has responded to me.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@mmillard, can you post a copy of your /includes/modules/payment/moneris.php (or whatever the filename is) for inspection?
    Do you know if you obtained it as a downloadable contributed plugin from this site? If so, which one?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@ElSlozzo, I had the same experience with FD/PE. In the end I decided it's not worth the hassle, and am advising people to switch providers away from FD.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm too far down the half-finished rabbit hole that is the payeezy v2 plugin and now I'm working directly with someone at FD to get it to work - and I think I'm their first PHP customer to do so. For starters you would think a bank based in north america would use north american talent to put a new API together that all customers are required to switch to in a 6 week timeframe - but it would appear that is not the case.

Collabbing with people who are still learning English and who reply with fleeting, mangled, useless, two-word answers make things extra fun. Did I mention there's no API documentation? There's instructions, and examples, but no actual *API docs* like you typically see for something called an API. Shame on any bank who doesn't have a solid, secure, and well documented API. There's basically no excuse for that if you're a BANK. (And extra shame if it's outsourced overseas)

Not to hijack your thread @mmillard - if you post the moneris.php file @DrByte mentioned I promise to look at it too :)