Plugin Contributions

Default Error: File type not allowed. .0

I upgraded my zencart website to the latest release (1.56). The site has been working for about 10 years. Some of our products have the file upload attribute. After upgrading I am getting an error that the file type is not allowed (.jpg). The error is: "Error: File type not allowed. .0"

I can not determine how to fix it, or set what file types are allowed for the attribute upload. It worked before the upload.
    Zen Cart Help and Design

If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error: File type not allowed. .0

Why is the file coming in named as ".0" ? If you want to allow *.0 files, add the .0 to the list of supported file types.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Why is the file coming in named as ".0" ? If you want to allow *.0 files, add the .0 to the list of supported file types.
    Unfortunately, the fix for ZC 1.5.6c, specifically set the check against items in the maximum configuration area to require being an integer. This was identified "later(?)" as being too stringent. A result of that is that when the error message for the upload class is generated:
    Code:
                   $this->message_stack(ERROR_FILETYPE_NOT_ALLOWED . ' .' . implode(', .', $this->extensions), 'error');
    It somewhat seems as if one has entered an extension of "0" or ".0", but as can be seen in the above message, the extension list is "pulled" from and a period is applied as a prefix. Therefore, even though a valid extension (or extension list) was present at some point, pre-processing of the extension list in ZC 1.5.6c (without the additional "fix" provided in the newer ZC v156 branch) causes the extension(s) to be 0 and not matching the attempted upload unless someone has actually renamed their file to have a ".0" extension. Could do that I guess if they left the expected extension before that. So a file called mypic.jpg could be stored on their own computer as mypic.jpg.0 and the store owner would have to remove the ".0" to get back to the original filename...

See: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...ead.php#L24-25

As compared to:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...ead.php#L24-25

For those not seeing the lines being highlighted after following the above link(s), the lines in question are 24 and 25, specifically the differences in line 25...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem. My file type that I'm trying to upload is a .jpg (I've also tried .png) and it is not being allowed. The error message I'm getting in the shopping cart is "Error: File type not allowed. .0"
    Sorry MC1245678, I don't think I understand what changes I am to make.
    Running V1.5.6c
    Site: af-company.com
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by margecc View Post
    I'm having the same problem. My file type that I'm trying to upload is a .jpg (I've also tried .png) and it is not being allowed. The error message I'm getting in the shopping cart is "Error: File type not allowed. .0"
    Sorry MC1245678, I don't think I understand what changes I am to make.
    Running V1.5.6c
    Site: af-company.com
    This is the specific change to incorporate:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...e29091be6c3b66
    It's result can be seen in the first link that I posted:
    See:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...ead.php#L24-25
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

That fix worked perfectly, thank you very much. Sorry mc12345678, now that I reread your original post was completely clear. This is what happens with you move to working from home and homeschooling at the same time. Your brain melts down.
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978