Thread: admin help

Plugin Contributions

Default admin help

hi, I'm hoping to find help i need to add new items to my store and i don't know how to do that in the admin area hoping someone can help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin help

Quote Originally Posted by sacredforestsage View Post
    hi, I'm hoping to find help i need to add new items to my store and i don't know how to do that in the admin area hoping someone can help
    Would recommend first considering whether you are going to want all of your product in one single group without the possibility of having categories or if you think you might like to have one or more categories. The recommendation is to start off with at least one category.

To manipulate the database for product, access the admin panel, then the catalog dropdown (second option in the menu list whether looking at the selections horizontally, or downwards in the "hamburger" menu.

Then select the first menu option there referring to categories and product.

When you are in an area that doesn't have product, it is possible at the bottom of the screen to add categories. (also possible to add product, but once a product is present a category can not be created manually.

Give the category a name and if desired a description and an image. All of this is information that is expected to be visible in the catalog when navigating and depending on the various options and code changes that may have been made.

Once you are in a category to which you want to add a product, then at the bottom of the screen, select the type of product you want to add, then add the product, fill in information associated to the product, preview it and then insert it.

This is also to some extent discussed here in the FAQ section where it may be worthwhile reviewing other such FAQS.

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ur-online-shop
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...