Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Website Payments Pro not working in new template

Hello there,
    I did search to see if anybody else had this issue but could not find anything related.
    So this module works fine with my existing Bootstrap 3 template, customers are taken to the authorization frame with their bank.
    I have a new template fileset which is Bootstrap 4, when I switch to this template it gives 'an unable to proceed with payment' red error, and the following on admin email:-

Customer arrived on the order process page without completing required authentication.
    It is like something is blocking the frame or authorisation connection, I suspect it is template related. I even tried One Page Checkout, and still the same. If I revert back to normal template everything is fine. So I suspect it is something blocking it that is sitting outside of the checkout file structure.

I do recall having this issue a few years ago when moving to a new template, but the template creator fixed somehow.

So currently the developer of the template insists it must be something my end so it isn't their issue (though I have come across one or two issues unrelated that they have had to fix).

I appreciate any pointers or guidance with this, I am certain it is this custom template. It also uses jquery and ajax. I am using PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) version. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro not working in new template

Forgot to say in template where it is working, the page ending in /payer_auth_frame is where it goes to after clicking submit order. Where the bank checks the card details given. In the new template being worked on, it doesn't go to that page, just gives the errors above.

Plugin Contributions

If, on the same store so it's the same PayPal settings, you use either the "Classic" or "Responsive Classic" template (those that are built into Zen Cart) does the issue exist?

If so, it's an issue with Zen Cart; otherwise, it's an unwanted change that the template has introduced.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. Oh I didn't think to try those templates, good idea! I was surprised to see that it does the same thing on the Classic Green template. But on Responsive zencart it goes to a blank page (no error log though), but if I use paypal I can use checkout as normal. Just blank page for credit card. I am thinking maybe it might be an error of previous zencart update files not uploading somewhere, though I am pretty thorough when doing so.

Plugin Contributions

I tried using stock 1.55c zencart files for template_default folder and retesting, also checking files relating to the two stock templates mentioned (not that many instances of override files anyway). Alas, still the same. I always seem to get the strange issues it seems............

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    I tried using stock 1.55c zencart files for template_default folder and retesting, also checking files relating to the two stock templates mentioned (not that many instances of override files anyway). Alas, still the same. I always seem to get the strange issues it seems............
    I'm sorry to bring up an old topic, but I want to know how you managed to solve this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher1 View Post
    I'm sorry to bring up an old topic, but I want to know how you managed to solve this problem?
    Hiya. I didn't actually solve it but I used FEAC by numinix module. I do seem to get a few weird issues lol. I would probably say upgrade / merge carefully to latest version, and see if that helps at all. Its worth a go, otherwise could be server settings.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Hiya. I didn't actually solve it but I used FEAC by numinix module. I do seem to get a few weird issues lol. I would probably say upgrade / merge carefully to latest version, and see if that helps at all. Its worth a go, otherwise could be server settings.
    Thank you for the answer!