Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot edit payment module settings php7.3

Finally getting around to upgrading the live site. tried searching for known issues but didn't find any. Even tried mr google and didn't find anything.

Cannot edit payment modules with php7.3 because the edit selection panel on the right side of the screen does not exist.
    Change to php 5.6.40 and the edit selection panel on the right side of the payment module screen in admin appears.

myDEBUG-adm below if it helps.

TNX
    Rick

upload 1.5.6c files
    run zc install verify functionality
    drop database tables
    import backup of live db tables

change php from 5.6.40 to 7.3

install clone a template
    install responsive color changes
    install dbio
    install encrypted master password
    install ckeditor

That should be enough to get back live.
    Test checkout
    errors and white page

Go to check payment module settings and right side edit menus do not exist
    Change php from 7.3 to 5.6.40 and edit menus exist

FWIW, myDEBUG-adm below

Code:
    [26-Mar-2020 14:21:27 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /ADMINFOLDER/modules.php?set=payment, IP address: 98.146.164.107
    #1  include(/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php) called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/ADMINFOLDER/modules.php:192]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 17.

[26-Mar-2020 14:21:27 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /ADMINFOLDER/modules.php?set=payment, IP address: 98.146.164.107
    #1  authorizenet_echeck->authorizenet_echeck() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/ADMINFOLDER/modules.php:196]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 77.

#1  authorizenet_echeck->authorizenet_echeck() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/ADMINFOLDER/modules.php:196]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 94.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_ORDER_STATUS_ID - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_ORDER_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 97.

[26-Mar-2020 14:21:27 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 320

--> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 320.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot edit payment module settings php7.3

rick,
    do you use linkpoint_api? that is where the problem is.

its not part of the base v156c package. not sure where you got that file but i would get a fresh version if you are still using it.

the warnings are from authourizenet_echeck. that looks to be no longer a part of ZC since 156. if you are not using that payment service i would delete that file.

hope that helps.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

TNX I don't use any of that, never installed it other than included with zc.

I used the latest zc156c zip file copied over onto the live site.

Going into start all over mode and grumble over an adult beverage to settle down over about 4 hours wasted.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

its right in your log:

/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php
    /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php

u dont see those files?
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

TNX again

I can edit payment settings with php 7.3 enabled

Different issue. editing any setting on the website maintenance page within admin yields a whitescreen and debug file. I probably should open a new thread.

Code:
    [26-Mar-2020 15:44:47 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /MYADMINFOLDER/configuration.php?gID=20&cID=446&action=save, IP address: 98.146.164.107
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:171]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:143]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:270]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/MYADMINFOLDER/configuration.php:48]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1292:Incorrect datetime value: 'NOW' for column `chainwea_zc1`.`configuration`.`last_modified` at row 1 :: UPDATE configuration
                          SET configuration_value = 'false',
                              last_modified = 'NOW'
                          WHERE configuration_key = 'WARN_BEFORE_DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE' ==> (as called by) /home/chainwea/public_html/MYADMINFOLDER/configuration.php on line 48 <== in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

THAT LOOKS LIKE a bug,...
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

yeah, you have strict set up on your database, but definitely a bug.

PHP Code:
    //change line 47 from:
    last_modified '" . NOW . "'
    //to
    last_modified now() 
    let me know if that works. worked for me.

best
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

TNX

That worked

when you say... "you have strict set up on your database"... that's greek to me. the database is the database setup by a zencart install. If it is not supposed to be that way, then I'm not sure what to do. Obviously, the ZC DB upgrade didn't fix it if it is supposed to be different.

& BTW, from your earlier post regarding the 2 files. Yes I saw the filenames in the debug but nothing said to me that those files shouldn't be there or that those files prevent php7.3 from working. it just said that would prevent future versions of zc from working.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

rick,
    modern day websites are very complex. some things slide through the cracks. others do not.

various configurations on your server will expose issues that would other configurations will not.

as i stated, you pointed out a bug. thank you. the ZC community thanks you. all code has bugs.

newer versions of php come with new versions of mysql (actually mariaDB, now). these newer versions play traffic cop more diligently when storing data into the database. they will call you out and ticket you for rolling through that stop sign. you have two choices, you can stop rolling through that stop sign, ie fixing the code. or get a more lenient cop, ie change your server's mysql configuration out of strict mode. changing this configuration requires some knowledge or some research or asking your hosting company. but the bug is still there in ZC, and properly installing the database will not address it. to override the bug, you need to relax the rules on the server.

with regards to the debug logs, you need to be able to read them. yes the one file had warning, but look at this one:

Code:
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 320.
    that is an error. a syntax error. that's what caused the page to stop loading. and so you could not see what is on the right. and frankly, the syntax has not changed from php5.6 to php7.3; so i am highly doubtful that error would not exist in php5.6. maybe, but highly doubtful.

the fact that they are in the error log is a good indication that the files should not be there. how did i know? i looked it up! that's how i go about problem solving. you can too.

look here:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/t...odules/payment

do you see the 2 files? neither do i.

looking up the versions of ZC of github can be very helpful. a little daunting at first but play around, you will figure it out.

best.
    Last edited by carlwhat; 27 Mar 2020 at 01:43 AM.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

THANK YOU for the education. I try to learn from my shortcomings and it is much easier to do when it is explained as succinctly as you did (instead of a novel). Sorry if my tone sounded grumpy.

The server is a VPS so getting the host to customize things and not affect all other customers is not a problem if that is a better fix.

I had checked everything on my test server to the point of being able to process orders without a hiccup. It was when all hell broke loose in upgrading the live site following what I thought was the same steps, same order. I had no idea that a previously included but now removed payment module would create the heck-o-dear moment. It was just by coincidence that I reverted back to php 5.6.40.

THANKS AGAIN.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast